Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger Survey

Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Survey

Hello again …
I would like to thank you all for taking the time and effort to participate in the Dodge Challenger survey. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. Your feedback helps with designs, features, and improvements on our vehicles.
We also are excited about the Dodge Challenger Concept and hope to see it in production.

MidnightBlueNeon, Jims04srt, 71RoadRunner, and others who have received an error message when trying to complete the survey, I suggest trying this link, once again.
www.dodge.com/challenger_survey

Hopefully it works this time for you.

Again thank you.

Kelly S

Old 01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Matt, you raised HE!! when I mentioned that an automatic option should be considered for the next Viper, and now you want an automatic option for the Challenger?
Hahaha, I remember that. You know what would be cool is if Dodge would use the AutoStick for all their vehicles so there wouldn't be any complaints whether it's auto or manual.

-Matt-
LOL! Nice joke, but they already have them in many cars and manual fans still aren't happy so that won't work.

Deranged, I really don't know about that Mercedes transmission that they have in there. I guess it's alright. I have heard from some automotive press outlets that they might offer a 6-speed automatic. I doubt this because the transmission that they would use if so would be the 68RE and I can't image they will do that. The older 4-speeds used in the trucks during the 90s only real problem was some owners didn't have them properly maintained, in most cases. Since they introduced the newer ATF+4 transmission fluid, they have had much fewer problems with all of their transmissions.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Mr.Fancypants

There is absolutely no way I would buy a muscle car with an auto, it's like putting training wheels on a crotch rocket.
It could not be said better! Build it Dodge!!!

Old 02-04-2006, 09:37 AM
mech1nxh

done and in.....
I will own a 450/6........
but I dont care how many are produced,(manual/ auto) as long as they are!!!!
I need a 392 for my 67 BARRACUDA .....SO.....BUILD BUILD BUILD!!!!
I know, I know ...greedy bastage.....lol......

Old 02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
mech1nxh

Does anybody have info on the reliability of the transmissions (auto) in the Chargers with V\8's? I haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm sure if there was a problem we would have heard about it by now.I think DCX had alot of problems in the early to mid 90's with the truck trannys but I haven't heard anything bad about the cars.
[/quote]

have a friend who is a 15 year level 4 trans tech for MA MOPAR.....when I was with dcx he liked the "overbuild " in the trans design
and I quote " they(the trans asy)are engineered for 90% duty cycle at W.O.T....maybe the bean counters have been "timed out"
well at least on the pass car units, sad to say though he ALWAYS had 2-3 truck units down.....

Old 02-12-2006, 04:49 PM
paranoid1123

i picked the auto. i like the 6 but i live in houston and the traffic is so bad it takes me 2 hours to go 40miles. if i had a manual it would tear up my legs so the auto is great still have all the power and none of the hassel.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Canecreekfreak

Survey complete. I voted for the 350 HP manual. I really hope they make it w/the stick. Driving isn't the same w/an automatic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Challenger Survey