Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger to be built!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:18 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Challenger to be built!

I didn't think I'd ever hear you rip on a BMW like that!

Old 02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not ripping on bmw...lol

Old 02-18-2006, 11:49 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not as pessimistic...yet. I think it will be built and the quality will be there. But I did notice that "article" spoke of the air element being switched to "paper" for production. Does that mean the functional hood just bit the dust? That would suck big time.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:00 AM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

properly built? come on..its a dodge, not a bmw...

all i care about is reasonably priced..ill fix the properly built part...
Amen! Now lets raise those wrenches high!

Old 02-19-2006, 01:38 PM
deranged
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

I'm not as pessimistic...yet. I think it will be built and the quality will be there. But I did notice that "article" spoke of the air element being switched to "paper" for production. Does that mean the functional hood just bit the dust? That would suck big time.

I'm with you DB. They're gonna build it, the reaction has been too strong not to. And yes, the quality will be there from the looks of what is being produced right now this won't be a problem. The air cleaner element is being switched probably because they know at least some maintenance will be done by us old gearheads and Wally World doesn't do cotton-gauze air filters. Don't worry! This things gonna be right when we get 'em!

Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deranged
They're gonna build it, the reaction has been too strong not to.
I'm not saying that they won't build it, they probably will, but the reaction was just as strong when they unveiled the '99 Charger R/T concept car and you see how that turned out or should I say didn't turn out.[:@]

Old 02-21-2006, 04:00 AM
deranged
Record Breaker

I think they learned from their mistake.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Turbo_J
Default RE: Let's hope they've learned

I'm not one to believe propaganda, regardless of it's source. I felt the same way about the Mustang during the lead up to all the spy photos... I had hopes, but I remained grounded. I'm doing the same thing here.

If you took a serious poll on some of the major Mustang/Ford forums, you'd get pretty much the same reaction you'd get from born and raised Mopar enthusiasts - If they build this car it will be parked beside or replace the Mustang.

For me, it will be an addition; thus the nature of my post. They need to bring this car to production with the EXACT same recipe Ford used for the Mustang. Build V6's and entry level V8's - as many as they can as fast as they can push them out to dealerships. This car won't sell 25,000 - it will sell 125,000+ all by itself... they have to bring it to market with the exact same inspiration they culled to build it in the first place. Pony cars were affordable power for the masses. Ford still gets it... They've re-inspired the other car makers to take another look at the magic that can come from listening to their customers...

Don't drop the ball on this DCX. I have 5 mustangs and 1 Turbo Coupe. If you want me to own a Brand new Dodge for the first time in my life... and perhaps the fist time in the lives of many Ford and GM owners/enthusiasts, then build this car for the masses. V6 X 3 Variants V8 X 2 Variants and bring out the big guns for 09. Don't waste your time going after the GT 500 with a Limited 6.4 that could kill this dream before it gets off the ground. You can do that the next year - with 125,000+ reasons to back your business case!

V6 Loaded! Real 5 Speed. If I wanted a sissy shifter I'd get an auto. Anyone make a supercharger for that V6 yet?

If GM wakes up out of the bad design dream and fixes the mutant Murano/Corvette bastard child they are trying to call a Camaro and get retro right, I'd want to get one of them too...

You can still make it magical without making it untouchable. $21K - $29K

Jennie

Old 02-25-2006, 03:36 PM
gade202

Just got back from the dealer in Flemington, NJ. I went to check out a 06 Charger and he mentioned that they're getting their first few challengers in roughly 2 months. I asked the price and he said they had not received a firm price but it's expected to be a few thousand less than the V8 Hemi Charger. Don't know if this is news to you guys or not but it was to me. Just passing it along...

Old 02-26-2006, 07:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gade202

Just got back from the dealer in Flemington, NJ. I went to check out a 06 Charger and he mentioned that they're getting their first few challengers in roughly 2 months. I asked the price and he said they had not received a firm price but it's expected to be a few thousand less than the V8 Hemi Charger. Don't know if this is news to you guys or not but it was to me. Just passing it along...
[sm=bs.gif]It has yet to be announced if it's even going to go into production let alone anythings as advanced as their distribution. Either you or this "dealer" is completely full of [sm=bs.gif]. And they sure as hell are not going to be on dealer lots in two months, even if they were to announce it going into production today, it would still be quite a while before it would become available.[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Quick Reply: Challenger to be built!