Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Dartman69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Price

Somehow I'm doubting that the Challenger will last 3 years with the way the planet is consuming gas and oil. I'm willing to bet that this "second muscle-car war" that's going on won't last much longer than 3 years at best.

Economists all over the world are predicting a depression greater than the one we saw in the 1930's. Already, oil/gas pipelines are laying off MANY people with more to come during the next year.

Shiltz- I'd buy a Challenger the first year it came out, otherwise you might not get to enjoy it!

Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 AM
HEMl

There are talks of making the Challenger SRT ONLY available in a 6spd.

But as for it only being in Automatic. That's a negative. DCX IS going to have a 6spd available in them. They have a 6pd out for both the cars and trucks now for the 07 calender year, however, no cars are offered with it, however the Rams now are. Only if the rear ends didn't look THE EXACT SAME as a Dakota now.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I will be expecting the new Challenger to be priced right around 35 grand for the base with the 5.7L and around 45 for the 6.1L SRT package. And yes they should be priced that high to compete with chevy and fords. Have you guys ever gone to a Chevy dealership and looked at the C6 Vette's Price? You wont find one for under 35 grand and for the new camero (if they do deside to put it into production) will be at least 35-40 grand as well. As for the Mustang sure you can find a chick car for around 25 grand or so but thats not even considered as a real car in my opinion, now once you step it up to the GT then it becomes a real car but it's gonna run you around 35-40 grand as well. I really hope that its as expencive as a base model vette cause then every teenage dumbass driver wont be able to get their hands on them. Face it not every car is made for everyone to enjoy or afford, thats what keeps the rare powerful cars we all would love to have around and on the market today.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
shiltz
Captain

Umm, the GT starts at $26,370 not $35-40k, $35-40k is more around what the GT500 is suposed to be.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:24 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Actually the GT starts at 29,000 for the base model which is bone stock without any options and you know as well as anyone else on here should know that no dealership will ever have a bone stock vehicle on their lot, Secondly the GT500 is still a GT and they run for $42,000 as their base model. But thats besides the point because they are fords and as everyone knows, besides Ellanor and the Ford GT, all fords are just a waste of money. I stand my opinion and I hope the price of the Challenger is in the $30-$40 grang price rang.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:53 PM
shiltz
Captain

Not acording to Ford's website, 2007 Mustang coupe GT Deluxe is $26,370 and the Mustang coupe GT Premium is $27,550, and i've seen dealers with mustangs with no additional options, and you can order one exactly what you want, either way the base price is not $35-40k or even $29k, it's $26,370.

http://www55.forddirect.fordvehicles...and=Ford&sZip=

Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Canecreekfreak

As one who's considering both the Mustang GT and Challenger as my next car, I hope that Dodge does offer a V8/manual trans. at a price point that is competitive to the GT. If they decide to make it a collectors item or whatever by pricing it a couple grand more than the Mustang, guess what I'll be buying? THE MUSTANG. I know some of you will say "good for you" or "that's fine- we don't need you" or whatever, but the whole point of making and selling cars is to MAKE MONEY. You can't make money if you're pricing yourself out of the market to begin with. This is why I hope they make a 350HP V8 with manual trans. for a base price under $30k- because that is the car I (and probably alot of other "poseurs") will buy, as well as a V6 option to keep the whole Challenger line viable.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Nitrofanatic

I want a new Hemi Challenger because I cant afford a 1.5 million dollar 1971 Hemi Challenger. I’ve always wanted a Hemi Cuda or Challenger ever since I was old enough to afford to buy my own cars unfortunately, by that time, they cost WAY to much for me. This is my chance to own a piece of American automotive history!! Even though it’s a brand new car and not really considered “history” yet, this is the best chance I have to experience my dream. You guys on here can argue about engine options, sale price, length of production, release dates, fuel mileage or any other topic but that wont change my mind…… I’m buying the biggest, badest Hemi Challenger they make as soon as the become available to the public and plan to drive it on Fridays and Saturdays, in the summer time…… on nice days only!!!

Just my $.02

Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 AM
THE STUD
Rookie

I mean as long as they have low end for the average guy and top end for the hot rodder, what's the problem? Satisfy everybody, I'd rather see a bunch of challengers and mustange, and camaros running the street than Honda Civics with their fart cans attatched. Wouldn't you? I want the Challenger to be a super hit for Chrysler, and volume would probably do that more than a few high priced ones like the Viper

Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Nitrofanatic

Yeah, that’s great if they make a less expensive versions of the Challenger for other people to choose from.

I want my Hemi Challenger!!!!

Do you think they’ll offer it in gun metal gray???? With the horn button on the inside diameter of the steering wheel???? Probably not.

Quick Reply: Challenger Price