Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:55 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Price

The biggest problem with the Challenger and it's over inflated price, and it will be guaranteed, is the "D" in DCX. They, D in the DCX,make ultra heavy, Challenger included unfortunately, and fairly powerful, thankfully and the Challenger should be, cars, but with Bill Gates sized price tags.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought you were talking gibberish for a second until i reread it then it made sense. lol

Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 PM
JarheadX
All Star

lol same here i was like "wth"

Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I think maybe I condensed what I was trying to get across a bit much, but I didn't have time then to expand it out making it easier to read and understand.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 AM
dannyz122001

After reading all of the posts from many different view points on the models of challengers to be made, I personally can only come to one general conclusion. In the topic of how the Challenger should compare to the mustangs in terms of powertrain options, you have to look at the success of the mustang. Ford did a good job in appealing to all markets and ages of buyers. Obviously the v6 can appeal to the women and smaller budget seekers and the gt is available for those looking for a little more power. But no matter what model made and the number made, ford deffinately hit the nail on the head with the mustang, hands down. By looking at this, I could honestly say that Dodge would be best off by producing many of the v6's with the auto trans, mainly to increase profits to allow for a more powerful model. Personally, I am hoping to go with the 6.1, depending on price, in which case ill go with the 5.7.
I know that there are many out there that only want a limited number of Challengers to be made and all to be made with the 6.1 and 6 speed trans, blowing most competition out of the water. And hell, I would LOVE to be one of the slect few to own this badass roadster. But reality is, Dodge's main focus with the Challenger is profits. Without substantial profits, the Challenger project will close and only a handful would be made. I mean, look at the Charger and the success its had.
In any case, i want the Challenger!!! Ive put off buyin a new truck to wait and get one. But unfortunately, I think that it is in Dodge's best interest to in fact produce the baby v6's, solely tp up profits, and leave the 6.1's to us big boys.

Quick Reply: Challenger Price