Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

To Charge or not to Charge

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
byebyeblue
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Charge or not to Charge

Love my RT but could do without the over-engineering. Too much thought went into this car, four banger wanna be? Who's idea was that, I understand why they did it but someone needs to come out with an overide for that too. I almost got creamed pulling out of a gas station on a busy highway yesterday because my tires broke loose for a second and the ESP shut her down on me. I want a hemi all the time no ESP and the freedom to waste gas and contribute to the ozone deterioration as I see fit. Do the mustang GT guys have these problems too? I guess I need another chip or something.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: To Charge or not to Charge

Hey byebyeblue you have a few posts but I haven't said welcome to the forum.

With that said:
Join the club on your thought of over-engineering, we're all there

<edit>
I for one love the addedMPGbenifit of the MDS 4 cylinder "wana-be" mode andalsohaving a beast under the hood if I hit the gas pedal. In the long run I will give up some HP to keep MDS, so you probably see my logic that I’m not betting that gas prices will fall any more in my lifetime.

You can get rid of MDS several ways the easiest way is to get a B&G custom flash of your PCM.

Sooner or later you’ll work you way to Hardware Adaptive Learning (HAL); so get ready to wrap you mind around that wonderful piece of engineering
<end edit>

I thinkyour other thread may contain the magic ESP 100% off mod you want.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_774394/tm.htm

Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: To Charge or not to Charge

My son works at a Ford dealership, and according to him, Mustangs can be had with or with traction control. If you get it with, you CANNOT turn it off - at all.

dave

Quick Reply: To Charge or not to Charge