Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Project: Miami Charger XRT

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
miamicharger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: Miami Charger XRT

I have created a monster.
www.miamicharger.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/64776/B1EF76610650405FB359F0DBB2C05F39.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM
mnboy
Captain
Default RE: Project:Miami Charger XRT

Miamicharger, welcome to the forum.

From a car guy standpoint, it looks cool. But being a former law enforcement deputy,I'm going to say you just upped your cop magnet strength by ten...!

Have fun.

MN

Old 06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

I must admit I'd stare also LOL Nice ride, that pic doesn't show it well but your two tone right? The hood is black if my eyes are working right. Those wheels match perfectly... good job!

Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
miamicharger

Thank You, I agree on the photo.that oneis old though. I have done many things since that one was taken. The hood is carbonfiber SRT clone w/ stock SRT scoop insert custom fitted. I now have full stainless adjust susp/sway bars,camber and the final ride hight is about 1/2" frontand 1" rear. The car actually rides better than before with these new double spring Eibachs. I dont race people on the road no matter how hard they (usually mustangs,corvettes and a few mercedes)try to get one on, so i never get tickets. Also, I have family and wayback friends that are law enforcement and I learned to respect the laws early and its easy to stay out of trouble with this car. By the way I DONT drive with those black coverson the lights. They are used for show only.
MIAMI is packed full ofvery bad drivers and YES this car is fast, but more important to me is its stunningstopping ability and evasive steering ability. PS I have done all work except alignment of course and as a result I have sooo many questions for other serious mechanical artists, but not enough time to ask. Today was rainy all day but here is a current photo. There are more@ www.miamicharger.com. Thanks for all support.

[IMG]local://upfiles/64776/8D1FE8A756E0403BB9CD9032224A836B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2007, 05:47 PM
LadyNirvana82

Miami Charger, I bow down to you. Your car is beautiful. If I would have seen that car while I was in Miami in my Charger, I would be drooling ALL OVER IT!!!! It looks really good. You definitely personalized it and made it your own. Its a big compliment with all the looks, stares and picture taking. But on the other hand, I have to agree with mnboy, you have just made yourself a target to the police. No joke! I live in Kissimmee (I go to Miami alot so my kids can see their grandma) and here in Kissimmee, the cops has pulled us over for ridiculous crap! One time my bf was driving and he knew there was a cop behind him. We were at a stop sign and there was cars passing by. When my bf finally pulled out, the cops immediately pulled us over saying we ran a stop signwhich was a LIE! Another time, we were driving down a long road and when we made a turn, our tires screeched (because the tires were a bit worn out) and they pulled us over again stating we were driving too fast for conditions. Yet, the idiot didn't have a radar and he said it was because he heard the screeching. At court, when the attorney brought up that the screeching was not a valid excuse to say we were speeding, it was dropped. For me its a bit worse, being that I am 24 with a Charger, jet ski, 2 ATV, 2 go carts, 2 small go carts for my kids, a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 600, and a mini dirt bike that all these cops in this small town peeped, and the fact we just moved into town, they SWEAR we are drug dealers. lol. They have searched my car many times to find nothing and constantly question on how I bought it and how I was able to afford it (which I always tell them is none of their business because its true). We usually laugh at the cops after every incident but its getting pretty irritating. When my Charger comes down the street, everybody knows its us, by the rims. Anybody else around here who is driving a Charger, is more than likely renting it from Enterprise. A Charger is meant more for a big city where it doesn't attract so much attention (though its hard). In Miami, I think you will get a share of haggling from cops (especially if ur young). But have fun with it anyways!!!! If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry. lol

Old 06-09-2007, 08:27 PM
miamicharger

Thanks A Million LN. Lucky for me already about 40% of the local Police also drive the Charger now.Also there are millions of fixed up Magnums, 300s, Chargers in MIA most of wich drive slow and casual so the policedont bother them. Its the small cars/motorcycles here that are out of control, acting likethey arein a movie or a game or something.My 2006 Charger was purchased brand new on Christmas Eve and is my first real car ever all others have been used junk. I am sooo glad I waited for my Charger.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
LadyNirvana82

I would be ready to murder somebody if they broke into my car. I do not blame you for having security cameras watching your Charger. I wish someone would invent an alarm that if the car detects that its trying to get broken in (such as attempts to open the car without the key) it will shock the life out of the person. Then it makes people think twice about breaking into somebody's vehicle. I think if the cop pulled you over with no valid reason, it was to just take a more up close look at your car. You should have handed the cop a napkin so he can wipe the drool off the side of his mouth. lol. One time I was in Miami next to that big flea market and a cop pulled me over. I didn't do anything but he was just asking me questions about the car (what kind of engine, how much it cost, where I bought it, what kind of rims I have, etc) When I asked him why was I pulled over (because I was ready to show license and registration), he said it was because somebody just stole a car that looked just like mine except it was a Dodge Magnum. Then I thought, if you know it was a Dodge Magnum that was stolen, why pull over a vehicle you know is a Dodge Charger. lol. Anyways, he didn't ask me for anything, complimented my car and went on his merry way. lol. Miami cops are good though (sometimes. Well at least with females) Did you buy your Charger or was it a gift

Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
miamicharger

#1-L.N. you are a genious. That device soundsgood and itwould add a whole new meaning to "CHARGER". #2- Actually one time I was in full lock steering sideways around a wet turn w/o TC on. It was mostly an accident but it was followed thru with skill untilstrait, then the lights. I always have my papers and cards ready for inspectionplus Im nice and respectful to them. #3- I purchased my Charger on Christmas Eve/05. #4- Is that your red Charger? Its real nice with those wheels. Do they rub on stuff or shake, like when your cruising?

Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

I am going to be honest.... Not feeling the C/F hood or the color. I do love the wheels and getting rid of the side moldings.

I saw LN said something about it, but yea, if you are younger(I am 21 myself) People will either give you **** for your car or compliment you on it. Just be careful.

I have had cops w/ police Chargers give me thumbs up and older guys at gas stations stop me and tell me how cool of a car it is. Most of the people talking **** are the younger crowd who are jealous. I showed up at a party in a small town up north, some drunk girl started saying **** how I could not be from around there and did not belong only because of the car we pulled up in.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
mnboy
Captain
Default MiamiCharger, LadyNirvana, Mopar MJM:

MiamiCharger, Lady Nirvana, & Mopar MJM,

It's nice for older members of the forum seeing you young "kids" enjoying your Chargers. The term "kids" was not meant as a disrespect... I am close to56, have three son's in their 20's, and enjoy my Daytona Charger as much as I enjoyed my old muscle cars when I was your age back in the 70's.I enjoy reading your msgsand I try and be open minded to new ideas. Althoughmy boys and Ienjoy each other's cars, theyhavebought made-in-Japan cars (an STi and a Speed 6) -- they said the all wheel drive and turbos aretheir edge; but they also respect my Charger: looks, ride, comfort, and not bad performance for a big car -- also, supprisingly, my paint job is as good as the finicky Japs.
Although there are some ideas I don't agree with, I respect youexpressing yourself --some thingsmay not be for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't cool or expressful.Iguess it boils down to respect.You three have NICE RIDES and I enjoy the photos. The color scheme on Miami's car is awsome and with the dark tint and rims screams "cool"; Lady's color, tint, and rims make you weak kneed -- it'sgorgeous!; and the chrome on the front of MJM's here-I-am-redgives it nice bling!

Enjoy yourChargers and keep those ideas flowing...

Two thumbs up you three!

MN

Quick Reply: Project: Miami Charger XRT