Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

R&T

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:21 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R&T

I read the newest Road & Track this morning, interesting stuff going on in the wild.

On the home front there was an article on a sister LXer the 300 SRT8"Long-Term Test", there were several issues that didn't look good... issues ranged from seat wear to internal engine valve spring breakage. In the article they also mentioned the Magie SRT8 but not the Charger SRT8. They used a phrase “250lb heavyweight with a glass jaw” to describe the exterior... they had to replace 4 front air dams during their testing. As usual the writing wasn’t bias; they had favorable comments as well.

Then there was a blurp (very small article) on a new flavor of the Mustang… Super Snake. Two flavors 600bhp w/warranty and 725bhp w/o warranty (<= gotta love it, buy a new car w/o a warranty ). Of course there wasn’t a price and it will be a rare event if you get to see one (<=avoid running anything you see with Shelby written across the front end ). It seems things like this keep Ford on the map. I wish DCX would step out of the box and give us some options and tuning capabilities!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
mkaresh
Banned
Default RE: R&T

Um...maybe they should have been more careful when parking the car?

I'd avoid using such tests for reliability information. The sample size is just one, which is way too small.

I've written more about this here:

http://www.truedelta.com/blog/?p=101

Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: R&T

Yea those curbs are killer on front ends.

Thanks for the link it was good reading