Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Coronet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:44 AM
tom92RTtt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Coronet?

Anyone else think that the new "Charger" is more like a Coronet?...Pretty obviously right off the bat it has 4 doors...The Chargers of old had only 2 at all times. I think dodge really dropped the ball when naming this vehicle..Coronets were made with the bigger engines too...

Coming from a past of owning both I feel that the new Charger should have a different name...anyone else agree?

another thing that really bothers me is the Avenger...The same deal with that car...I have a 1996 Avenger and it has 2 DOORS...shouldnt it carry some of the same traits with the same name....

Other then this i live for Dodge products...My 1969 Dodge Charger which is being restored right now, my 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, and my 1996 Dodge Avenger ES

Old 06-23-2007, 03:56 AM
miamicharger
Default RE: 2008 Coronet?

Sorry you dont like 4drs Tom, maybe this will help.

www.miamicharger.com

Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 AM
tom92RTtt

it definately helped prove my point....if you were a real dodge man a four door charger just isnt a charger...dont get me wrong its a decent car just not worthy of the name

Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

This topic is old, get a life, your beating a dead horse that has been discussed too many times since the 4-door Charger was conceived.

Take yourself and the boring point of view to some other Charger Forum.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:30 AM
miamicharger

FUOLDFART!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Good choice of words

Old 06-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Lsc638hp

"The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger."

What a f-ing joke. First off I'm not going knok the Charger it WAS a nice car in the 60s, leaving the competition wimpering home well......I dont think so, when75% of them came with 318ci and that had to go up against the 327 and the 350 comaros and im not even going to talk about the mustangs, and lets not start talking about big blocks, and we all know that the "hemi" is way over rated. Just look at the new ones 345hp (at the fly wheel) so now we take 20% off of that # and we get a woping 276 hp wow! that will send me home wimpering lol. Tom's car who started off this thread will chew that up and spit that out the twin turbo dodge steath and thats a v6 not a v8 hemi POSand i dont even think thats a dodge engine! The four door Charger is abomination built from left over Coronet platform parts and I love seeing the owners of them through the rear veiw mirror of LINCOLN!!!! AND BY THE WAY MY LINCOLN IS A COUPE!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Stroker
Veteran

I'll have to admit I felt the same way when I first heard about the 4 door but they grew on me. They are some great looking cars. However you can't compair them to the Camaro because they won't be on the same platform when they come back out. How many platforms has the Rustang been through? Yes they are both still2 door but I would be willing to bet close to 75% or more of those have chicken chit 6 bangers in em. Some even 4 bangers (of coarse those were some pretty killer little cars.) What you have to realize is Mopar marketed the new Charger to the same people the origional Chargers where marketed to, and since those people nowhave families and or need to shuttle clients around a2 door wasn't an option. That is a first and is why the new Charger is doing so well. Yea Chevy did the Impalla SS which was close but they did it without even creating a new vehicle, they just rebadged and old one. And there never was a 4 door SS Impalla till they did that, did you wine then? Ford did the Marauder but again it was a rebadged car and a new name altogether. Mother Mopar wanted its children who loved the Charger so dearly to be able to share that experiance with Mother Mopars Grand children. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

PS Man those twin turbo Stealths are wicked fast and I about crapped my pants when I got sideways in one and realized i had no clue what to do with enough power to break all four tires loose. And I have a cure for that Lincoln thing.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM
mnboy
Captain

LSC638hp & Tom92RTtt,

The new Dodge Charger. Maybe Tom has a clue, but LSC is lost in space.Certainly my "baby Hemi" with 350 HP is not the fire breathing dragon of old, but it gets 25 MPG with the A/C onand can still run a low 14 sec STOCK time -- which, by the way, is the same time a 1969 Dodge 440-6 pack Superbee runs (14.04 C&D). My Daytona Charger was originally only offered in 1969 1/2 with its massive wing and poly front nose. Certainly mine today is easier to park... oh, yeah, my new one is faster in the 1/4 mile too (14.48 Car & Driver). Maybe it should have been named Coronet? Sorry to disappoint Tom, but Coronet also came with a 2 door version... Camaro? A Camaro 350 SS vs my new Charger wouldn't stand a chance: my new Charger, again, runs a STOCK low 14's, where the 1970 SS ran a 16.01 (C&D). Ouch!It's 350 engine only pumped out 295 HP at the fly or about 236 RWHP.
A Ford vs my new Charger? The Shelby Ford Mustang GT 350 ran a 14.9 (C&D). Personally, I looked at a Ford Mustang GT, but after driving the much smoother and overall better Charger, well...oh, I like the Mustang, but Dodge, again, has a better running gear.
Oh, and by the way, most Dodge Chargers came with the 383, not the 318. And, when they made the movie "Bullitt" they had to de-tune and run the tires with low pressure to let the Mustang gain ground... the Charger was too much for it.
As far as turbos... well, now you're talking apples and oranges. Go play with the ricers and see how far you get .

MN

Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM
miamicharger

Everyone here has a good point., even Tom. But seriously, they could have named my car ANYTHING and i would still be in it.
I didn't buy it because of the name. I got it because girls go friggn crazy over it and want to ride in it and/or drive it.
Sometimes things change and people are unwilling to accept this and become bitter and mean. Lifes too short to get hung up on stupid stuff like this.

Quick Reply: 2008 Coronet?