Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
C35L
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission

Has anyone experience anything wrong with there transmission. When I got my Charger someone told me I should change my transmission. I haven't had any problems with my transmission since I had my car but I'm just checking if anyone heard anything about the transmission going bad or is it just a rumor.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Transmission

The W5A580 "nag" 5 speed tranny is fine. More than not have had a leaky o-ring where the filling tube fits ontothe tranny but it's an easy fix covered by a TSB.

The weak link in our power train seems to be the rear axel and half shafts. Even at that, you shouldn't have to worry about that until your running drag radials and HP boost, like nitrous, at the track.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
BigJim191

What year and model is your Charger?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
HemiPowerSRT
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MangoInTX

The W5A580 "nag" 5 speed tranny is fine. More than not have had a leaky o-ring where the filling tube fits ontothe tranny but it's an easy fix covered by a TSB.

The weak link in our power train seems to be the rear axel and half shafts. Even at that, you shouldn't have to worry about that until your running drag radials and HP boost, like nitrous, at the track.
Well said... Just keep the tranny maintained and make sure you have the latest flashes from the dealer and you will be ok.

Quick Reply: Transmission