Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

front end rattle : UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 06:22 AM
joe1956
Default front end rattle : UPDATE

Had the car at the dealer today (8/09) and they checked it out and said I need a new rack and pinion unit for the rattle/clunking noise. Part is back ordered, gave me estimate of $ 1044 total for parts and labor. I went home and called Chrysler Custome Service in Michigan. They were very helpful, had me on hold for a few minutes while they called the dealership and talked to service mgr. He verified my car was well maintained and in showroom condition. (2006 Charger 44k miles, 21 months old and CLEAN) Chrysler offered to cover the part and I pay the labor ( $200) for the new rack and pinion. Dealer is trying to locate the part, says it's safe to drive, but I don't intend to drive it too much until it's fixed.
Couldn't be happier with the cooperation of Chrysler and the dealership service mgr. Just hope the new rack and pinion takes care of the rattle. Sorry for the long post, I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for all the suggestions on checking otu the front end.

Old 08-10-2007 | 09:06 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: front end rattle : UPDATE

Good leg work calling customer service at Chrysler. Glad to see they stepped up to that issue and kept a customer happy. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I had to drop my rack-n-pinion to remove the oil pan once. There was a couple of bolts to take out and it dropped free, it shouldn't take them long to change it out.

Quick Reply: front end rattle : UPDATE