Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

A/C compressor

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
3.5sxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C compressor

Hello - Can anyone tell me if the A/C compressor is supposed to run / cycle on andoff when control is set to 'floor' position? It operates normally otherwise, i.e., on defrost, etc. It does not run on any of the 'vent' postions or 'mid' postions, but does cycle on and off in 'floor' position. The htr / AC control unit was just changed because the lamps were out. I can't imagine why they'd program that into the system...it can't help gas mileage to have that running all winterand it's unnecessary to heat the car. Thanks for any help.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: A/C compressor

yes all chrysler cars and trucks do this the defrost will turn on the compressor to remove the water from the air.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 AM
3.5sxt
Default RE: A/C compressor

Hi again - thanks for reply...the compressor is supposed to be on in 'defrost' but when the control is set to 'floor' position, like just regular winter heat, I've never seen a compressor run. I've also looked a couple of other cars lately that did not run in 'floor' position.

Quick Reply: A/C compressor