Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

hood struts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 AM
IXLR8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hood struts

Are you sure that these struts will work with your next upgrade?You know, the hand laid carbon fiber shaker hood, with the true cold air intake, and shark gill engine cooling air vents...

<slapping self>
<repeating to self, "stay on topic, stay on topic">

Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
733subvet
Rookie

C4 NOT A BAD IDEA - GIVE THE HEMI ALOTMORE BANG -but would thewarranty cover it [8D]

just so anyone was thinking (or cares) just got my struts in from moparsupercenter and guess what - THEY BE THE SAME DAMN PART i got from the dealer !

the only difference is the ones i got from the dealer didnt come with the fender mounting hardware

as to the the hand laid fiber hood - gonnago with the shaker hood from classic design concepts, justhave to be careful wheni open and close it that since i will be missing alarge amount of metal from the center that it wont warp it

still waiting for ANY idea to how to gently remove the damn prop rod - starting tothink i am gonna have to drillthe pop rivet out - DAMN

Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I hadn't looked at the prop, if the darn thing is pop rivited you have two choices either grind off the top or drill it.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional

I just left mine in. It doesn't vibrate. If it bugs you, get out the drill. When I ordered mine from the dealer, I ordered the struts and lower mounts for an 05 Magnum (my friend had one that I got the idea from). The service guys at the dealer like them cause they have more room to do their thing.

Have fun.

Redbeard

Quick Reply: hood struts