Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:22 AM
kimbaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues

Any problems with charger transmissions shudder.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
adztec
Default RE: 2008 charger Transmission issue

I have a 2008 Charger SE and it does pretty much the same thing. The sales man told me i wasn't driving it hard enough. But it seem to do better if I let it warm up for at least 3 minutes.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

I'm not sure that there aren't some tranny issues with the 3.5 and the 5.7. It seems to me that there have been several posts about transmission shifting issues. I would say that if you can, I would leave it with the dealer. But, I'd be sure I had another car to drive - dealer supplied, of course.

dave

Old 04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
adztec

The salesman told me I wasn't driving the car hard enough, I figure that since its a lease vehicle, what the heck (as a previous "dodge" auto salesman I would have NEVER told that to a customer without more research of the situation ). And again, its so hard to detect because it only happens when the car has set for a while, when the engine is cold.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:02 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

No disrespect meant to anyone, but I think that is total BS! Is there another dealer you could take it to? Have you talked with anyone other than your salesman at the dealership?

dave

Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Perry Ferren

I have a 2008 Dodgar Charger 4 speed 3.5l and the tranny has never been good. At 1st hard shifting in high speeds, in low speeds, mostly 1st to second, not always, but I have never had a car like it. It has been reprogrammed with updated TCM control Software 3 times and its still not right, I figure it willl probably hold on long enough and fall out after the warranty has expired, the tranny is crap, my 10 year old buick has a stronger smotther shifting tranny and I am tired of taking it to the dealer.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:13 PM
IkeJ

My '08 dodge charger shows trouble code p1798 right now and I was wondering if anyone has had this propblem and/or if you think it simply needs transmission oil and filter change or that I would need a new transmission soon? My check engine light is NOT on and has never been on. My cars hesitates to pick up speed after hitting 60mph then finally picks up speed which is why I had it put on diagnostics machine. I am up to date on fuel system cleaning and tune up. Please help and put it simply guys please- as I know nothing about cars and don't wanna be hustled by the transmission shop.

Quick Reply: Transmission issues