Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
View Poll Results: A poll
CHARGER
76.52%
GTO
23.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

New Charger or New GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
FutureSRT8Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Charger or New GTO?

Charger hands down

Any charger package looks better then the GTO... specifically the SRT-8 would be a no-brainer. Seriously, how can anyone call the charger ugly in comparison to a GTO? That's like whoopie goldberg calling an average chick ugly. The worst u can say about the charger is that it's a ripoff of the magnum & 300? In the end it's still a good looking machine that's easy on the eyes and has a personality of it's own. The GTO is proof that pontiac lost all sense of styling after the firebird got the axe from GM. Someone should've shot the guy who designed the Aztek before he copied & pasted the decade+ old design of the grand prix. People in general like the chargers better then the fugly GTO for cryin out loud. Chargers are getting more and more attention and are more mainstream attention... I can't say the same thing for the GTO's. ****s ugly enough to be the lovechild of Dennis Rodman and Whoopie Goldberg. ****s so ugly someone'll break into it just to steal the club... ****s so ugly that if Azteks & Buick Rendevous ccould talk they yell out "HOT DAYMN YOUSA UGLY *********A!!" ****s so ugly Pontiac will start payin *********as to drive it!! ****s so ugly, you'll have to sneak up on a gas pump to get a full tank of gas!!!

...ok i'm done ^_^

Old 08-22-2005, 03:17 AM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: FutureSRT8Owner

Charger hands down

Any charger package looks better then the GTO... specifically the SRT-8 would be a no-brainer. Seriously, how can anyone call the charger ugly in comparison to a GTO? That's like whoopie goldberg calling an average chick ugly. The worst u can say about the charger is that it's a ripoff of the magnum & 300? In the end it's still a good looking machine that's easy on the eyes and has a personality of it's own. The GTO is proof that pontiac lost all sense of styling after the firebird got the axe from GM. Someone should've shot the guy who designed the Aztek before he copied & pasted the decade+ old design of the grand prix. People in general like the chargers better then the fugly GTO for cryin out loud. Chargers are getting more and more attention and are more mainstream attention... I can't say the same thing for the GTO's. ****s ugly enough to be the lovechild of Dennis Rodman and Whoopie Goldberg. ****s so ugly someone'll break into it just to steal the club... ****s so ugly that if Azteks & Buick Rendevous ccould talk they yell out "HOT DAYMN YOUSA UGLY *********A!!" ****s so ugly Pontiac will start payin *********as to drive it!! ****s so ugly, you'll have to sneak up on a gas pump to get a full tank of gas!!!

...ok i'm done ^_^
I don't think you're totaly committed! Quit holding back!
KK
LOL!

Old 08-22-2005, 07:00 AM
FutureSRT8Owner

ORIGINAL: qzking

ORIGINAL: FutureSRT8Owner

Charger hands down

...ok i'm done ^_^
I don't think you're totaly committed! Quit holding back!
KK
LOL!
what?!? u say i'm holdin back??![:@] them is some fightin words...
guess that means i'll have to take my hostility out on the GTO one more time

GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... police chases involve them chasing the cops away
GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... they intimidate truck drivers
GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... they make Gremlins look like Ferrari's
GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... you can't get a dog to chase it if you was to tie a t-bone steak to the rear bumper
GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... they can't even pick up dirt
GET EM!!
GTO's so ugly... bird poop increases it's resale value

woo hooo!!! ;D

Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 AM
jimmorock

charger look way better, plus its a mopar...

but gto can have a 6 speed manual tranny, & i'll go for it

Old 09-02-2005, 10:04 PM
rcs426
Rookie

if you want room buy a charger -if you wantto suck on your knees buy a GTO

Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
moparth
Amateur

Well, I love my Mopar's and have had really bad luck with GM products I've owned, but I went with the GTO, the 2 doors and 6 speed sold me, and from the side it looks like a Stratus R/T !!!

Old 09-18-2005, 11:15 AM
DP3W

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

as much as i hate to say it...GTO it is...i dont like the holden, but i refuse to accept the not-a-charger (thanks tj)...
I would agree with many who do not like the look of the GTO, but i wonder how many have seen, or driven the Holden Monaro that it is derived from. I had a chance to drive one a couple of years back & as much as i am Dodge dedicated, this thing looked good & ran like stink. The prototype 427 Monaro was a world beater & it won the 24 hour race at the famous Bathurst circuit two years running. This was against the worlds best including two Vipers, & the Ferrari wasted two engines before they ran out of spare engines in the first event. The Monaro was the most boooring car in the event as it just went round & round lap after lap, right on the numbers. But thats the way winners do it.
Sadly, this version was to remain a prototype only as costs killed it in the womb.

Since i am not about to buy either of these cars, it doesn't really matter, but on principal, the GTO is not a Dodge, so therefore it is less, but hell, you gotta respect it, particularly the better built Holden version, it was a blast.

I have sales brochures for both the Holden & the GTO,..... ahhhh memories.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

just needed to crank up the mods done by srt itself and it'll rule the streets with it's brother viper

Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Daytona RT
Professional

I have to join the Charger Lovers. I've just come off a 3 week market evaluation including the Goat, Pony GT and the random imports. I can tell you something about the competition.

The Charger is 700 pounds heavier than the GTO and if we're talking the Daytona R/T, its 50 horse stronger. The horse power can easilly be over come with $500 bucks and some shade tree Mods. Forced air, Throttle Body Spacer and a performance module and you have an equal measure of HP.

The GTO is lighter in part because of the frame and suspension. Some know that the Daytona and 300C models are built on the Mercedes frame and suspension. The unit is auto leveling and traction controlled, all make performance exactly as it should be.. RWD horsepower that sticks to the blacktop.

The GTO is also very austere inside. For the old world motor heads its easy to be comfortable in the coup with limited creature comforts. Some of us feel we deserve the extra comforts and after 4 weeks with my unit, I'll tell ya the back seat gets lots of use and compliments!

I'll also advise our readers to think seriously before they spend the money for the SRT8 Model. @ nearly 10 grand cheaper, the Daytona can easilly outclass the performance spec. Supercharged to nearly 550 horse for little more than 6 grand, the SRT stock sticker price difference just doesn't make sense.

Back to the Poll.. I'll freely admit that the GTO is the main performance competition for the Charger. I'm not willing to stage against one until I have my tuner and finish my mods. But figuring value for your dollar.. performance potential and long term resale.. the Charger is a good choice..

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/D7B70FD36B1B4B9E96422C3F65543D3E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2005, 04:42 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Sure the GTO has More Power 400 hp. But look at styling and comfort with the performance 340 hp .Guys the charger is 4100 lbs car and its got some ***** to it for a lux/sport sedan I say go charger.If you want fast Build it up

Quick Reply: New Charger or New GTO?