Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
View Poll Results: A poll
CHARGER
76.52%
GTO
23.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

New Charger or New GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 11:18 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Charger or New GTO?

Which would you take of the 2? Feel free to say why.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:34 AM
VegasHemi
Professional
Default RE: New Charger or New GTO?

Well since those are the two I'm trying to decide on, I'll need to wait until the Dodge SRT Charger is available before making my decision. Right now, the 400hp GTO gets the vote, although I do like the interior room in the Charger. No decision until I can compare the two side by side, I'm not in any hurry to decide. I'm not looking for the super options pacages that will be offered in both, I just want POWER!

Old 01-12-2005, 01:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as much as i hate to say it...GTO it is...i dont like the holden, but i refuse to accept the not-a-charger (thanks tj)...

Old 01-12-2005, 01:49 AM
ptschett
Professional

I picked the Charger but it's a tough call for me. The Charger seems the more useful of the 2 cars by far. If the back seat is anything like the Magnum I sat in last spring it's gonna be comfortable for the rear seat riders (the Goat doesn't look to be too comfy back there) and the Charger's gotta have a usable trunk (the Goat's is pretty small.) The GTO has sentimental value for me since my Dad has a '70 GTO vert (400/4spd) and that is one sweet car. The Charger, love it or hate it it stands out either way. The GTO looks too much like a Grand Prix but I bet it's a little faster with that 400hp engine. And you can get a stickshift in the GTO.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 AM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

I would take a Charger SRT-8 for sure over the GTO. I agree it does look to much like...actually a Grand Am with a body kit. The back seat should be the same as the MAGNUM since the entire inside IS the Magnum. That front end is mean looking which is nice. Just wish the Rear end had a little more style. Still hard to tell between the Mitsubishi Galant and the Charger...just look at the lid and tail lights. NOW if they used the 1999 Concept rearend. THAT might have looked pretty interesting. Somone should photoshop THAT.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:26 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

useful.....i drive a stratus coupe..it cant get less useful..lol

my ramcharger..thats useful...

Old 01-12-2005, 09:56 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

GTO...... two door coupe, manual transmission.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

charger: 4 door, automatic, hemi, magnum interior(alot nicer)

Old 01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
redriderbob
Banned

For muscle car wise... the 2004+ Pontiac GTO is still my favorite... this year it is powered by the 6.0 LS2 V-8 turning out 400 horsepower and 395-ft lbs of torque. It is a coupe w/ muscle car 2+2 seating, as well it also has options for a six-speed Termac T-56 transmission or a 4-speed Hydra-matic Automatic.

The new Dodge Charger, is a very sharp looking car... w/ gauges the mock muscle cars of the past... I do love the Charger, don't get me wrong... but if the boys in Auburn Hills, took the LX platform, cut a few inches off of the wheelbase, to about 112", made a coupe, a true coupe similar to the GTO, none of this hidden doors or anything... put 2+2 seating in it, optional six-speed manual w/ the 5-speed automatic as standard equipment... make the 3.5L HO standard, 5.7L HEMI (MDS) optional, and a 6.1L HEMI top-of-the-line model, like the Charger will have, plus add some retro styling like the new 2005 Ford Mustang has, but w/ the features that the big boy LX platform cars (300 Series, Magnum, and Charger) have, w/ a sticker price starting at $21,000 to around $36,000 for the top model, they would have a winner.

Another thing that I hate to hear, is "I want Chrysler to build a modern day Cuda"! Plymouth is GONE, and so is the Cuda... just remember, what car was just as killer as the Cuda and had a Dodge nameplate, that would suit a car I was talking about above... how about Challenger... Just think, you could have a killer HEMI Charger for the family, and on those weekend cruises down Woodward Ave. you could go in your 2006, 2007, or whatever Dodge Challenger R/T... and be the envy of all those modern day Mustang and GTO owners!

redriderbob

Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

I would go with the Charger although I'm not a fan of either... Relatives of mine have owned a pontiac grand-am and it was just trash. They may not all be bad but still....

-Matt-

Quick Reply: New Charger or New GTO?