Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

SOLD!! $75k

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005 | 03:21 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: SOLD!! $75k

I'd pay that much IF I had the money... it's for charity...
Yeah, if it was for charity I'd do it too.....plus you're getting the FIRST Charger! I could make comments about that for the rest of my life. [&:]

-Matt-

Old 02-19-2005 | 06:26 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i didn't notice the charity part. as for Richard petty i wouldn't no i think he is from before my time. i have ignored nascar until tomorrow when the charger comes back.

Old 02-19-2005 | 06:32 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Richard Petty is "The King". He and Dale Earnhardt Sr were the two greatest drivers ever in NASCAR.

Starts 1185
Wins 200
Poles 126
Top-5 556
Top-10 713
Money $7,757,964

Richard Lee Petty was born on July 2,1937, in Randleman, NC, the son of Lee Petty. Lee was one of stock-car racings early pioneers who won three Grand National championships in the '50s. Lee held the record for most victories, 54 , until his son broke it.

Richard started out as a mechanic for his father because his father refused to let him race until he was a legal adult. So days after Richard turned 21, he drove to a sixth place finish in his first race. During his next eight races Richard failed to finish any of them.

Richard's thought he had his first win when he took the checkered flag but as he was heading to victory lane another driver protested the race, saying the checkered flag was waved on the wrong lap. Richard did not get the win, instead the driver who protested was awarded the win, that driver was Lee Petty.

It was 1959 and the inaugural running of the Daytona 500, which was won by Lee Petty. Richard watched from the pit area as his father took the checkered flag, because Richard blew his engine. Richard went on to claim Rookie of the Year and in 1960 he finished second in the points to Rex White.

In 1964 Richard became unhappy with the sport because other drivers were saying that his engines were bigger and they protested. Richard spent 1965 competing as a drag racer. His career there was cut short when he crashed his car at a race in Georgia, killing an eight year old boy.

Returning to his roots, Petty made a comeback in NASCAR during the '66 season by winning the Daytona 500 and becoming the first driver to win it twice. In 1967, Petty won 27 of the 48 races and had a string of ten wins in a row. He finished in the top five in eleven other races to earn his second Grand National championship.

Richard passed his fathers record of 54 wins in only his eighth season. Petty never had much competition until David Pearson emerged upon the race tracks. Between 1963 and 1977, Petty and Pearson finished one-two sixty three times and Pearson held the edge 33-30.

It didn't matter what Petty drove, he could win in any car. During the '70s Petty racked up five Winston Cup championships and four Daytona 500's. His fifth Daytona eluded him in 1976 when he and Pearson made contact on the last lap and Pearson went on to win.

Richard's son Kyle is running the circuit now but is still dealing with the loss of his son Adam, who was killed in a crash in 2000. Petty Enterprises is struggling with the new Dodges but they will be a presence in NASCAR for years to come, watch and see.

~Amanda

Old 02-21-2005 | 07:03 PM
moparturd
Banned

Girl. You impress me more every day.

[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 02-21-2005 | 08:45 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Amanda has always impressed me too. She's done alot with Dodgeforum ever since the first administrator shogunn left. Think of this as sucking-up if you'd like too, but Amanda knows I
appreciate her hard work.

-Matt-

Old 02-21-2005 | 09:49 PM
moparturd
Banned

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Girl. You impress me more every day.

[sm=groupwave.gif]

I say that cause I mean it, not because I'm sucking up like some are.

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 02-22-2005 | 02:12 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

she impresses me more and more every day too....and i am also sucking up...

Old 02-22-2005 | 02:18 PM
moparturd
Banned

Hahahaha. That's mandatory now dude.

Except sucking up is allowed in your case. Unlike some of our DF members.

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 02-23-2005 | 12:29 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i don't need to kiss *** because i just don't care about anything. so i have nothing to gain by kissing ***, mostly because I'm happy and to lazy fro change. but i gotta give Amanda credit she does an exceptional job here, and she is a good person. but isn't this thread about the dodge charger. as much as i love the car i wouldn't pay 75 grand for it charity or not. i give to charity by paying taxes and having my money used through welfare.

Quick Reply: SOLD!! $75k