Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

How bout that Charger???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:29 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How bout that Charger???

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i will make the final judgement when i drive one...

tahnk you thats all i ask. ignore the name and give it a chance for what it is. at least you have intentions to test drive on too, before judging it. yeah the name may not be your favorite, but it is and will be a great car.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
MagnumSXT
Professional

I like the looks of the new charger. Of course it looks like all of the other LX's to a large extent and I love my magnum.

I like the older cars, and I don't have a problem at all with this being badged as a Charger. I'm sure the car is superior in every way, performance, fit n finish, comfort, etc... Much as I love the old cars, I'd have dropped them in a second for a cool new car that was faster, more comfortable and got better gas mileage if one had come along that I could afford when I was driving them.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nicko, youre assuming that i can afford to drive one,...

Old 03-23-2005, 02:03 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

nicko, youre assuming that i can afford to drive one,...

test drives are free aren't they?

Old 03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ORIGINAL: mopartodd
Matt. Why would you say the old Charger was "old garbage?" Have you ever ridden in one, or even seen one in person?

That's pretty opinionated for a little kid. Really disappointing as well.

old garbage yes. and i have seen and ridden in old chargers before, so i can and will verify what Matt said.

Here is my point about common sense. Just because it is old does not make it garbage. What year. or years of "old" chargers have you ridden in Nick? So you are also saying "old" Cuda convertibles are garbage as well? All muscle cars are garbage? Please how ignorant of a statement.

Joe

Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

I may test drive one, just to see if it's any good. I have no intention of buying one, though. I'm sure it will be a quick, good handling ride. It's still ugly, and the name is just plain wrong. Plus, I have no use of a 4-door. If I'm gonna drop 35 large on a vehicle, it's gonna be EXACTLY what I want- NO compromises. This car falls way short on all accounts, plus, it's just plain ugly- it has all the style and sex appeal of a Volvo sedan with a truck grille. If a name was really just a name, DCX wouldn't be screwing up so many names for their heritage with what they've been tacking them on lately. "Corvette"- just a name to the Chevy faithfull? Hardly... calling this thing a Charger is just as insulting to Dodge fans from years past. And if you don't believe that, take a look at who actually LIKES and DEFENDS this car and the name.... they are almost all below the age of 35, and the ones that hate it for the most part are older than that. It all depends on what you remember and your frame of reference.... someone who didn't even pop out of his mommy until after the Omnirizon debacle wearing the name had already ceased production has no perspective or experience to make any kind of an educated judgement.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka
Here is my point about common sense. Just because it is old does not make it garbage. What year. or years of "old" chargers have you ridden in Nick? So you are also saying "old" Cuda convertibles are garbage as well? All muscle cars are garbage? Please how ignorant of a statement.

Joe

i don't know the year or care what year it is. all i know is that it isn't a piece of 80s crap. i haven't ridden in a Cuba convertible so i cant really say for sure, but i would assume so because it is old. i guess they all must be. perfect example: the ford mustang. you may think it is ignorant, but i do not, and I'm still trying to find what common sense has to do with anything.

TeeWJay426
If I'm gonna drop 35 large on a vehicle, it's gonna be EXACTLY what I want- NO compromises calling this thing a Charger is just as insulting to Dodge fans from years past. And if you don't believe that, take a look at who actually LIKES and DEFENDS this car and the name.... they are almost all below the age of 35, and the ones that hate it for the most part are older than that. It all depends on what you remember and your frame of reference

OK for starters i think the statement bout getting what you want is most important. this may not be the car for you, but don't ruin it for others who think it is. i give you credit though for no compromises. yes we the younger people like this car. we are the future though, so this just goes to show there is more of this to come, because we the future like it. I'm sorry. your last statement about what we remember and our frame of reference couldn't be more true. thats why you guys need to have patience with me. i don't comprehend whats so great about old cars, that makes you want new to be old. but thats why i believe in to each their own. when you find that car that is perfect for you, as long as it isn't a mustang, by all means go fro it. get what you want, but don't complain and ruin what i want and thats a 2006 charger r/t when i get the money.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just cant justify the cost for a 4 door...its not that im opposed to a 4 door..i just dont need a big sedan....

Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

common sense n : ordinary good sense and judgment
According to Mr. Webster.

" don't know the year or care what year it is. all i know is that it isn't a piece of 80s crap. i haven't ridden in a Cuba convertible so i cant really say for sure, but i would assume so because it is old. i guess they all must be. perfect example: the ford mustang. you may think it is ignorant, but i do not, and I'm still trying to find what common sense has to do with anything."

My point is you make broad claims that have no basis. Which entails a lack of "common sense." Just because you don't like something does not make it garbage. For instance the new charger. I'm sure its a phenomenal vehicle. But I agree with teewjay, it has the visual stimulant of a Volvo. Does not make it garbage, just not a Charger. Intrepid, Coronet, Monaco maybe, but Charger? No. It will sell okay, but don't look for any sales records to be broken with this one. Unlike the new stang, and the GT500 version is even better to sell some more.

Joe

Old 03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

OK for starters i think the statement bout getting what you want is most important. this may not be the car for you, but don't ruin it for others who think it is. i give you credit though for no compromises. yes we the younger people like this car. we are the future though, so this just goes to show there is more of this to come, because we the future like it. I'm sorry. your last statement about what we remember and our frame of reference couldn't be more true. thats why you guys need to have patience with me. i don't comprehend whats so great about old cars, that makes you want new to be old. but thats why i believe in to each their own. when you find that car that is perfect for you, as long as it isn't a mustang, by all means go fro it. get what you want, but don't complain and ruin what i want and thats a 2006 charger r/t when i get the money.
Nicko- Nice try, but the minute you critized me for MY choices and preferences, which you have, you left yourself wide open for me to do the same, so don't start whining about it now. And for the record, my criticism is directed at DCX and the car, NOT you. And if I choose to not practice blind allegiance to the car just because it says Dodge on it, too bad. Like MoparTodd said, some people are so blindly loyal to Chevy that you could put a bow tie emblem on a pile of dog crap and they'd buy it. There are some that feel the same toward Chrysler. I don't, and if DCX makes what I think is a bone head move, which in my OPINION they have with this car, I'm not gonna mince words about it- I'm gonna say so! Just because that opinion doesn't agree with yours, don't take it personally. And if I find a car that does suit me, I will buy it..... and if it's a Mustang, WTF is it to you? I'd mke sure to never leave it in a mall parking lot in Michigan where certain teens might stumble upon it, but if that's the choice I make, deal with it. Most likely, I'll go buy another 'sucky old car', and keep driving my truck, which was equipped EXACTLY as I wanted it. I suppose you'll have something to say about that too?

Quick Reply: How bout that Charger???