Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

How bout that Charger???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:11 AM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bout that Charger???

I say, it's ugly and worthless. I don't know what all these companies are thinking bringing back all these old muscle cars. First it was the GTO then it was the Charger. What's next a new Chevelle. I love the 69' Dodge Charger. Everything about it. But after the 70's it was time to stop making them. Then they came out with the 87' then the 2006. It's like the Monte Carlo. My dad's 1984 Monte Carlo is awesome but then they came out with the V-6 front wheel drive crap mobile. I think bringing back the new Charger will lead the next generations to craptastic, newer version "muscle cars." I know all you die hard fans will look down on this but I don't know how you can go from an older Charger R/T to the new 'sign' Charger.

Old 02-25-2005, 03:26 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: How bout that Charger???

I think bringing back the new Charger will lead the next generations to craptastic, newer version "muscle cars."
Yes. Bringing back the Charger, GTO, etc were mistakes. They should have let them die out....not bring back old garbage.

And not to be insulting or anything chud298, but what is up with those stripes on your Neon? [sm=alien.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif] That's a Viper paint job you're messing with...

-Matt-

Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

Those stripes came with the car and I like them. It's a 1998 Neon R/T. They all came with them unless you didn't want them then they came off. Just becasue there's stripes on the viper makes every other car with stripes a viper wanna be??? You're like everyone else there's really no reason to be knocking them.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:55 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Hey just an opinion on the stripes... no offense meant. If you like it, that's good! I'm not trying to knock them... just curious if you had them put on or what.

-Matt-

Old 02-26-2005, 11:03 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice RT. The Charger being brought back as this car was a mistake IMO. They should have something more along the lines of what the new Mustang is, a true retro, not a rebadged 4-dr sedan.

Matt. Why would you say the old Charger was "old garbage?" Have you ever ridden in one, or even seen one in person?

That's pretty opinionated for a little kid. Really disappointing as well.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:41 PM
lonasindi
Veteran

carmakers will do as carmakers do...

Chrysler has decided that there's not enough market for coupes I guess. (which is why they're pulling the stratus/sebring coupe for 2006). They also don't seem so big on 'retro' as such. They seem to have taken a progressive tack when it comes to bringing back old names...

They seem to have disregarded the huge sales of the 2005 mustang with is truly retro, and I bet chrysler would have sold a lot of retro-styled chargers if they made them. However, I bet they'll sell a lot of these new chargers too.

Take it apart from the name for a bit. In my opinion, it's not a bad looking car. It's gonna have pretty good performance. The charger nameplate might have been a bad idea, but that's the way it is.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 PM
dodgeboy88

i think that the new charger is a mean lookin car. i love the lines of the dodge magnum and the chrysler 300. so the new charger was a hit with me. i seen it at the 2005 philly auto show and liked it. i do think they should have made it availible as a 2 AND 4 door, not just a 4 door. and i aslo like the new GTO and mustang. ppl dont remember its not 1970 anymore, so every car is not going to be retro. 2 door cars dont sell as well anymore. thats why dodge made the charger b/c the 300 is a strong seller. the new charger is going to be aimed for ppl who arent too fond of the 300's looks. now im hoping that GM brings back a retro v8 powered rwd camaro and firebird!!!!!!!! oh nice neon!!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: mopartodd
Matt. Why would you say the old Charger was "old garbage?" Have you ever ridden in one, or even seen one in person?

That's pretty opinionated for a little kid. Really disappointing as well.

old garbage yes. and i have seen and ridden in old chargers before, so i can and will verify what Matt said.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:05 PM
done
Rookie

I have been around a long time, long enough to have driven a new 65 Charger and owned several later Dodges. Side by side, they fail as a car next to any LX RT. You may like the nostalgic look, but they were not good cars by todays standards.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait.....you guys are calling muscle car era chargers garbage?? one of the most renown and famous muscle cars ever?
i bet if someone dumped a set of "dubs" on one, and some "sick 12s in the trunk" you guys would probably be "bout it bout it".....

Quick Reply: How bout that Charger???