Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Need help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:18 PM
charger2.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help please!!!

i haven't been here for a while but i need some help. First of all i have a 2.7 and my engine cuts off randomly, I took it to the dealer and same bull**** cant duplicate your problem sorry, i bought it brand new in 2008 and it has 21k on it.

Another question, i want to buy and R/T engine and trans to swap mine, will the mounts on both engine and trans fit? or do they have to be adjusted.

Thank you, any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
charger2.7
Smile

Oh this is it.

Attached Thumbnails Need help please!!!-2.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I know this issue must be frustrating and this doesn't help the issue but I can't blame the dealership if this is a random issue and the couple hours that they have the car to trouble shoot it nothing happens.

When you say cut off its shutting down completely... right? How often does the engine cut off? Does it start right back up after cutting off and run fine? Any consistency to the issue, like on bumpy roads or when turning?

Even if you have the money and time, personally I would not recommend that anyone put a 5.7 into a SE or SXT. There are so many things besides the engine and tranny that you have to think about. You also have to change the wiring, PCM, TCM and differential. <= I'm sure there’s more.

Last edited by MangoInTX; 04-16-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
OPTIMUS124

Originally Posted by MangoInTX
Even if you have the money and time, personally I would not recommend that anyone put a 5.7 into a SE or SXT. There are so many things besides the engine and tranny that you have to think about. You also have to change the wiring, PCM, TCM and differential. <= I'm sure there’s more.

As an R/T owner, this is one of the reasons I didn't go below this trim. In terms of parts and labor, it would be better off to trade that bad boy in and just get a used R/T. More options in the car, and you won't have a piecemealed vehicle.

Good luck

Old 04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
charger2.7

Thanks you same thoughts received from friends, and about it cutting off it has happened 5 times, two happen when i was speeding up and the other three when i came to a complete stop, on all occasions it cranked back up.