Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger won't shift out of park

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Texans
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Billett did it, from plastic to fantastic, just like they said. About an hour-and a half, and the only thing I could have done different was follow th ebeer drinking directions more closely!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:37 PM
RiddleGriddle

nice to hear, my turn this thursday

Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Mijacita51

I also had this same problem but low and behold my husbands son fixed it.. I ordered the part but not the same pink cheap item the one i ordered is aluminum hard metal from one of the web sites I found and now it is doing good, But now My car is doing when I start it it starts to tap or click then it goes away it is not a tapit! it also starts to smell like raditator and it does not mark over heating does anyone know what It is?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Texans

Luck to ya, not too difficult. Toughest part was actually dealing with some of the wire harness connectors. I decided not to disconnect the power accessory connection, just moved the center console to the side and out of the way.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
TE TOQUE
Amateur

I bought my Billet Lock out from billet outlet store on ebay for $19.99

Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 PM
armymomma

pissed off army momma here! just spoke with chryslr and they are well aware of the 'pink part' issue. i even said i dont know name of part but its pink and right away they knew what i was talking about.... oh but 'sorry no recalls on the VIN for your sons car'!
i said i KNOW recalls have been made for this part! she said "NOT for your sons car VIN!" what the hell? how can they replace this part on SOME charges and not all? sons charger is a '07! so pissed off right now! son didnt get Army strong without a strong momma behind him! they have NOT heard the last from me!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 PM
TE TOQUE
Amateur

Originally Posted by armymomma
pissed off army momma here! just spoke with chryslr and they are well aware of the 'pink part' issue. i even said i dont know name of part but its pink and right away they knew what i was talking about.... oh but 'sorry no recalls on the VIN for your sons car'!
i said i KNOW recalls have been made for this part! she said "NOT for your sons car VIN!" what the hell? how can they replace this part on SOME charges and not all? sons charger is a '07! so pissed off right now! son didnt get Army strong without a strong momma behind him! they have NOT heard the last from me!
They told me same thing awhile back. You're better off getting Billet piece and never worry about that plastic piece again...

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digital123
I have a problem related my car , there are no place to park it , so give me some advice to park it want to talk other place but it is away from my working place.

The translator you used did not work. I'm not real sure what you need. If your car is stuck in park, please read through this thread and you will find your answer.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Darrel Drumright
Default nice video walk through of the replacement process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8uAmY_M7TTk

Old 07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
DymosDodge
Unhappy 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T Hemi Won't Shift Out Of Park

Well the inevitable is upon me. 131,000 miles later the shifter won't move. I've had 2 of the fans replaced twice on the Magnum. I'm in Texas, i think 3 is a LEMON right?

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger won't shift out of park