Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Comparaison -- Charger/GTO/Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comparaison -- Charger/GTO/Mustang

He's right. The Charger is being marketed as "the complete muscle car package" and the brochure says "All real muscle cars have a hemi" so they consider the car a mucle car. And the Charger having an automoatic isnt that big of a deal, if your on the strip your probably better off unless your a quick shifter. Also I dunno the specs of the Cobra but the SRT-8 has more HP then the GTO anyway. About 25 more HP. So I guess its a decent comparison. I'd personally take the charger over both, considering I saw then all at the autoshow in NYup close, and buddy of mine was at the Ny show the night they were taking the cars out becuase a friend of hers worked for Infiniti and he was taking thier cars out so she got in w/ him, and she saw then driving the SRT-8 and V6 out the Javits center and she said the SRT-8 sounded incredible. And event the V6 sounded deep and throaty.

As a side note, she also saw then rolling the Firepower of its display and it slipped off the beams or whatever they were using to take it down w/ and it fell and slammed the bottom of the car scrathing it. She said they messed it up. Someones gonna be in deep S*&T.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Comparaison -- Charger/GTO/Mustang

i think what you meant was "in case you dont know how to shift, the auto in the charger is better."

there is a reason that the manual GTO is faster than the auto GTO...and there is a reason that the Manual Cobra and GT are faster than the auto GT and cobra (if available)...
find me a car that has put out better performance numbers with an auto than with a stickshift.

and more horsepower doesnt mean much...the charger is a bigger heavier car, and you cant take horsepower as a comparision, you have to take lbs per horsepower...im sure the charger is lacking heavily there. also, sport suspension and gearing are not being taken into consideration, whick im SURE the GTO and Cobra have the defined advantage...

dodge has not made a mucle car...they have made a sedan. you want a fair comparison, compare it to the Maxima or altima SE-R...not a bunch of hipo coupes.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: Comparison -- Charger/GTO/Mustang

the charger srt8 weights 4160 pounds. divide that by 425hp and it equals 1 horsepower for every 9.788 pounds.
the Pontiac gto weights 3725 pounds. divide that by 400hp and it equals 1 horsepower for every 9.313 pounds.
and the mustang doesn't count, because they cheat and use a supercharger, since ford engines suck ***.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, i dont care if it has the aide of a jet engine..at the track, heads up, there is no cheating. how about final drive ratio? rear end gear ratio? suspension aides for traction?

Old 04-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Challenger Lover
Record Breaker

Well ... I have to say that something is pretty strange with these 'new muscles cars', the mustang GT got 2 doors but the charger Daytona, R/T which version you want, all 4 doors I think, well im only 15 and I mostly love Hemi but the new charger, dont know a lot about it, and finaly the GTO maybe they will make an SS or something like this, 2 doors this one, well a 4 door charger, it su**

That's all I can say

Look there is so many version of these car

Charger SRT-8 // Daytona R/T // Hemi
Ford Mustang GT // maybe cobra ? // GT500
And the only GTO

Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Challenger Lover
Record Breaker

Well we don't care if they use a supercharged motor or something like this but, who cares ,

Carrol Shelby build it so that's why it own !

I love Dodge-Ford, all americans cars ...

Japanese s*ck*

Old 04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Challenger Lover
Record Breaker

To reply about your comparaison with the Altima and the Charger, the new charger got about 340 hp. dont tell me it's a sedan

Old 04-06-2005, 04:31 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: Challenger Lover

Well ... I have to say that something is pretty strange with these 'new muscles cars', the mustang GT got 2 doors but the charger Daytona, R/T which version you want, all 4 doors I think, well im only 15 and I mostly love Hemi but the new charger, dont know a lot about it, and finaly the GTO maybe they will make an SS or something like this, 2 doors this one, well a 4 door charger, it su**

That's all I can say

Look there is so many version of these car

Charger SRT-8 // Daytona R/T // Hemi
Ford Mustang GT // maybe cobra ? // GT500
And the only GTO

there is a charger SE, charger sxt, charger police package, charger r/t, charger daytona r/t, charger srt8

so 6 models, not 3

the gt500 is supposed to be the next cobra, but who cares it is a piece of ford.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

challenger lover...the charger could have a billion hp, and its stil a SEDAN...do you know what a sedan is?

i compared it to the altima and the new maxima because they make high end versions that can run into the 14s...and the new maxima hipo sedan in this country is inifinty, and in japan, the infinity sedan/coupe is the R35 skyline...along with the new STS-V caddy..just naming some SEDANS that the charger should be compared to...

Old 04-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Challenger Lover
Record Breaker

well, I know what is a sedan , but it's a sport sedan, lol with 325 hp its more then a simply altima ... Well I can see that you know more stuff than me about car or maybe not but im a french canadian so its pretty hard to translate all these word ! well we can doa new comparaison like Best 4-doors ?

Thanks for your coments

Quick Reply: Comparaison -- Charger/GTO/Mustang