Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

considering a charger...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 PM
s34n
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering a charger...

my name is sean. dont get mad but i have a chevy truck and have been thinking about getting rid of my truck and getting a car. i want a domestic car with rear wheel drive. i never will own a ford. my options are charger or cts. really. im 20 and working full time. what is everyones opinion about their charger. im thinking about the r/t model. there are quite a few nice ones in my area but wanted actual owners opinions of performance, handling, suspension, ride comfort, etc. im open to anyones advice thanks for looking. have a nice day.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Welcome to the forum Sean, we don't mind chevy or other vehical owners here

I've been very happy with the 06 Daytona I have and would highly recommend the R/T. It has a great ride, plenty of room and enough power to make most people happy.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
s34n

thats good to know. my truck is pretty expensive so the monthly payments shouldnt be much of a problem. my only problem will be getting rid of the truck due to the rough economy out there. but im tired of paying a lot for gas and not so good fuel economy. i read the r/t has pretty good fuel economy in both city and hwy.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

MPG really depend on driving habbits. I've gotten as good as 19 and as bad as 14 in the city.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 AM
s34n

i get 14 in the city in my truck on a good tank if that tells you anything haha.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You say you are lookin at the CTS too. Let me ask you, how big are you? I myself am a pretty big guy and my wife and I were going to get a CTS. I fit just fine, but on the test drive, I felt like I could not relax and get comfortable. The center console is high and wide and wouldn't let me relax my right leg. Same thing with the door panel. I just felt tight inside of it. I told my wife that is she wanted it, I would never drive it. We did not get it. I fit better into out little Jaguar X-type.

I love my R/T though. Very roomy and comfortable. Depending on what you want to do, it can come with everything that the CTS would have (with the exception of OnStar). This also depends on your budget. If you like to mod cars, the R/T would be the better road traveled as well. Cheaper and more options.

As far as gas mileage, I get CRAPPY mpg's, but I am a leadfoot and love to hear my car and love to play with her. I do average a little more than 14 mpg, but that is some REALLY hard driving. If I babied her, I know it would be better... LOL!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
s34n

hey l and r,
im 20 yrs old, 5'11. 160, so im pretty small. my buddy has a 04 cts and like it pretty well. it rides nice and comfy. i dont like front wheel drive cars and dont like import vehicles to well. his car doesnt have too many custom options like headlights, tail lights, headers, etc. in a nutshell like you said not many mod options, on the contrary the charger has alot of mod options which is nice. my buddy also has the 3.6L sport model

Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
victormikhaeil

go charger am a valet guy and i drove all kind of cars and nothing as good as a charger its really smooth too which is always a plus and alot of power

Quick Reply: considering a charger...