Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
View Poll Results: What would look better on Charger?
Keep the Chrome Rims
15.38%
Put on Flat Black SRT8 Rims ( same shape as current rims, jst black)
84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Dodge T-Rex finds his long lost twin Brother

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Flowmasters for the louder sound and the magnaflows for better tuning.

If you are going to get the car dyno tuned or you are going to get the Diablo tuner and do it your self, then it is going to be a sound preference. If you do not plan on getting the car tuned in any way, then go with the Magnaflows. They cause a little more back pressure to the engine (which with the stock tune is what you need) and your AF ratio will be pretty dead on when you add a CAI to the car. The flowmasters are little more open and free flowing (hence why they are louder) thus making your AF ratio go all over the place, but with a tuner, you will be able to mess with the timing to get that fixed so your are not sacrificing any HP.

Just a little FYI. If you do go with the Magnaflows, at first they will be kinda quiet when newly installed. The reason is that Magnaflow uses a ceramic packing in there muffler chambers that aren't entirely cured yet. They say that after about 500-1000 miles, the packing will cure and when cured, will get louder. Mine took closer to 2000 miles. Probably because my driving was alot of short distances and didn't really keep the muffler hot for long.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
sprueitt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olyelr
Personally, probably flowmaster.

Man, I cannot believe how nice the body looks on that truck after all that she's went through. Do you change out a fender here and there or do some body work from time to time?
Oh it has a lot of scratches and dings, but the great thing about an exocages is that it protects the body. So that is still all original body. We have been through some lights and we have lost a windshield do to some hard impacts in a rock course and he Tank Trap in Top Truck Challenge, but that is it. The T-Rex is holding up pretty well. The motor and drivetrain have held up very despite the strain, heat, being under water 7+ times, and having 140K miles on it. All of the drive train is stock, so that is a testiment on a well built Dodge Trucks.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:38 AM
LO 619
Captain

How many of those trucks were made? Is it a concept truck or did it make it to production? It is a beast. that must be like driving a luxury tank or something lol %#$& A HUMMER!

Oh yeah and the car is awesome.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

gawd i want that truck...

Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
sprueitt
Rookie

Originally Posted by LO 619
How many of those trucks were made? Is it a concept truck or did it make it to production? It is a beast. that must be like driving a luxury tank or something lol %#$& A HUMMER!

Oh yeah and the car is awesome.
This was built just shortly after the Dodge Factory T-Rex Program was cancelled. We did get sponsorship from Dodge, and other companies to build this truck.

It has been in competitions, events and shows all over the country. Dodge only built a few. We had two T-Rex's, this one for competitions and one built as the factory prototypes were, and we used it as out tow rig. Here are some pictures and videos:

Tow Rig: TOW REX>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGgUdJKivN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLe7p0Lan0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFvoZ08yZA

Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
sprueitt
Rookie

OK so I have gone with the Flowmaster44 exhaust and here are the photos of the Cold air induction Shaker Hood installation.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

shacker looks great, and i love the rex.... yoru the one that makes me want to go to 42's on mine

Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
sprueitt
Rookie

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
shacker looks great, and i love the rex.... yoru the one that makes me want to go to 42's on mine
I am not a big tire guy. Bigger tires often create more problems than they solve. I love the 42's and 40's. They are a good size. People and sponsors try to get me to go up to 44-49's. Too big. 44's would fit, but anything bigger would rub in the back. Plus with 44's I would only gain about 1.5 inches of clearance, but it would compound the leverage on axle's parts, thus leading to the chance of breaking something when I get on it hard. So 42's are just about right.

Nice looking truck you have by the way.

Last edited by sprueitt; 03-25-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

yea right now i got 37's but 39.5 boggers fit... so i think that will be what i go up to, and thats it... but 42's would be great for a long term thing...

your also runnin 2.5 rockwells last time i looked.. i got 60s.. so i cant go entierly as large as you

Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
sprueitt
Rookie

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
yea right now i got 37's but 39.5 boggers fit... so i think that will be what i go up to, and thats it... but 42's would be great for a long term thing...

your also runnin 2.5 rockwells last time i looked.. i got 60s.. so i cant go entierly as large as you
yes, 2.5 tons, but I have seen rockwells break with 46's so big tires will always put strain on axles. 44s are about the max for Dana 60, and if pushed they will snap with 44s, 40-42 are a good size for dana 60s. if you go any bigger, you need ChrMly shafts, or Rockwells.

Last edited by sprueitt; 03-25-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge T-Rex finds his long lost twin Brother