Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Caddilac cts vers 3.5 charger Thoughts ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Caddilac cts vers 3.5 charger Thoughts ???

I'm finding a lot of sxt 3.5 used chargers for sale, 5.7 hemi R/T is was my target car, how ever, I drove a 06 CTS with a 6sp manual, 2.8 v/6 and thiers no way I would ever consider the 3.5 automatic in the charger.

CTS caddy's are priced allmost identical to the same year, same milage as a sxt charger, its the 6sp in the CTS that has won me over.

used R/T chargers are priced way to high in my opion and thiers no 6sp.

I do beleave the 2.8 is too small for my H/P needs, but, the 6sp standard transmisson moves the cts quickly.

CTS V is not in my budget, nor is the SRT 8.

Any negative on the CTS?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't rightly say but I saw a CTS V yesterday and those are sweet! After some recent mods I've done to my WRX I would love to run it but didn't get a chance.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CTS is a great car. The only bad thing about buying a caddy of any model is the future repairs that will be needed. They are expensive. The caddy's are GM's luxary line and feel that if you want to drive a caddy, old or new, you are going to pay one way or another.

I had a STS. To get the front brakes done with new sensors was going to cost me around $600. Needless to say, I had the brakes done without the sensors. Oh, btw, that was just for pads and sensors, it wasn't for rotors. Later on down the road, I got an oil leak. Found out it was coming from a rear seal. Estimate to get that fixed from a caddy place because no one else would touch it - - - - $4500!!!!! It seems that the northstar engine needed to be pulled out to have the gaskets replaced. Again, needless to say, I did not do that repair. The wife and I started looking for another car and traded the STS in. It was a great car, great ride, and very comfortable, but damn it was expensive when it needed work done to her.

So in my opinion, the caddy for the overall ride, but the Charger for long term service.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as for repairs, or potential for items to wrong, all brands have issues and I am glad to hear of potential problems with the the CTS.

If the charger had a manual transmisson with the 3.5, I would consider a charger, Its ironic that the charger has more of a upscale bite than the CTS, THe CTS is a better handeling and more reponsive car than the charger STX, were as I view the STX charger as a more up scale car.

IN my humbal opion, a CTS is a rebadged chevy impella with a manual transmisson and i like manual transmissons, I do admit the charger has more head room and leg room and its price per car that has me heading in the CTS direction

Quick Reply: Caddilac cts vers 3.5 charger Thoughts ???