Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 Charger A/C not working correctly

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:03 PM
timberwoof
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Charger A/C not working correctly

The A/C in my 2007 Charger PPV with the 5.7 Hemi is not working correctly. Its blowing cool but not cold like it use to. Its on Recirculation and the temp **** is all the way to the blue. When the coolant is checked its actually reading over pressure. The fan is working fine as well. The mechanic is stumped as well, and said he would ask around. You guys have any ideas?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 AM
00DakR/T
Veteran

This may sound like a simple answer but on the days that it doesn't blow as cold, what kind of ambient temps are you in? When I was at the dealership, it was not uncommon for people to come in on 100+ degree days to think their a/c wasn't working. In perfect working order, the a/c can only reduce temps by about 30 degrees.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I was going to ask the same question about the outside temps that you have been having. That could be the issue.

You mentioned about the refrigerant being overpressured. How much? A little is fine, but extreme over pressure will also cause issues.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Did the mechanic even pull it down to see IF it was overcharged or undercharged? Or does he not have a machine with a scale? You need confirmation either way.

Quick Reply: 2007 Charger A/C not working correctly