Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger Key FOB ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM
heyttown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger Key FOB ??

My girlfriend has a 2009 Charger that has the Key FOB and ignition key all in one deal..Long story short, she drove home.. parked and dropped her key somewhere in the 30 ft walk from the lot to her door of the apt complex,didnt realize it until the next day.. She used her spare to drive yesterday..We could not find the key in the grass so we assumed someone picked it up. Well with the fear of having access to unlock her doors and start her car with the touch of a button, she had her car taken to the dealership to reprogram the car and her 1 and only key so whoever found her lost key couldnt steal her car so easily.. Well that was done this morning at the dealer. Well she just calls me and says someone from the office has dropped off her lost key..So now we are back in the same boat with only 1 working key on the new code... Does she have to have the dealer match the new found key to the same code or is that something I can do..I picture some kind of dip switches in the key fob to run at a certain frequency.. Is getting the new found key coded to work a dealer only thing, or can we get lucky and its a DIY job?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 AM
00DakR/T
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old key will have to be reprogrammed too. There is a "customer program" mode, but it requires you have two programmed keys. Its not about the frequency the fob transmits, but the PIN number. Technically, all the remotes transmit on the same basic frequency, but with a rolling code similar to garage door openers. No two presses of a fob button are exactly alike.

Quick Reply: Charger Key FOB ??