Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 dodge charger r/t awd.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
mmsmith99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they key fob is an ongoing battle that chrystler knows about. i cannot use the keyless entry, once the door handles get wet, u have to use the remote to lock/unlock the doors. my car came w the keyless entry, that is u just touch the door handles to lock/unlock them. i am taking my car in tonight........ should i just demand that they put it on the alignment machine? if so, do u have advise on how to approach them about it???

thanks,,

Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The door unlocking handles I'm not familiar with. We have a few dodge techs here on the forum that might chime in later if they see this or I can go find them if not.

As far as asking for an alignment, just ask nicely. Then ask again with a little intensity. Explain that you have a problem and they need to rectify the problem so you will be happy and they need to start somewhere. Make sure to use the word "rectify". There is just something about that word that makes technical people want to work. LOL!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pulling problems, Most likely a Tire Pull. Try a tire rotation, if it doesn't work, try an alignment.

the door handle problem was not fixed yet. Chrysler just released a Flash update that removes the "service keyless system" message from the dash. Mandatory on every charger/chally comes thru the door. so they would have less customer notice the failed door handle until they figure something out. they are probably sick of footing the waranty bill.
for some reason, I see higher failure rate on Blue and Dark Blue chargers, lol

No, the new door handle your dealer put in for u is not redesigned or upgraded. I've put the 2nd door handle in the same car within less than 2000 miles last week. and we charge chrysler like $200 each door handle.

speaking from experience, I would expect another half of a yr for chrysler to find out what's wrong with the original door handle, redesign it, and manufacturer it.

yeah, simply ask nicely for alignment check will work. But if they r too busy, might be easier to drop ur car off for a day.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
mmsmith99

they did an alignment and said that it is within spec....... its hard for me to believe, any other advice on the pulling? got my new handles and they havent failed yet. they told me that these are the 'new' handles that wont fail when they get wet........ what u think???

Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mmsmith99
they did an alignment and said that it is within spec....... its hard for me to believe, any other advice on the pulling? got my new handles and they havent failed yet. they told me that these are the 'new' handles that wont fail when they get wet........ what u think???
try a tire rotation. front to back, if it doesnt fix, do left and right.

about the new handle, I can not say.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Khuzaima

Guys, I want to purchase a Dodge Charger, and am thinking seriously in changing my mind after reading all the grips mentioned. I have a Durango and LOVE it . I wonder is the charger as good as or even better than the Durango. LOVE the HEMI, and am thinking of the R/T. Is this a good choice? Your help is much appreciated.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Khuzaima
Guys, I want to purchase a Dodge Charger, and am thinking seriously in changing my mind after reading all the grips mentioned. I have a Durango and LOVE it . I wonder is the charger as good as or even better than the Durango. LOVE the HEMI, and am thinking of the R/T. Is this a good choice? Your help is much appreciated.
what is ur car buying priority?
Fuel economy wise, the Charger is not great, it is a heavy car. But wait for the 8 speed trans coming probably 2012 or 2013, it will help.

reliability wise, the front end Suspension seems to be problematic. But Engine and Trans is one of the most durable drivetrain out in the market.

comfort wise, these car are very comfortable and yet sporty. Interior quality is the best bang for the buck.

safety wise, these mercedes chasis are very strong, I met ppl who walk away from pretty bad accident.

Go test drive one and see if you like it, it should be the best in it's class.

Pro:
safety
comfort
price for what it offers

con:
not as reliable as some of the competitors like Honda and Toyota
Fuel economy
RWD not doing very well in snow.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Deathrend
Rookie

I think it's very worth it, but it depends on what you're looking to spend. The first few years had issues with the front end, but that was fixed.

If you can afford it, then second gen is the way to go however. The only thing holding it back is the transmission, but not so much because of MPG. With the 5.7 Hemi and the 545RFE transmission I get 27 MPG to/from work, which is 30 miles highway, 5 miles city each way. The transmission just has sloppy slow shifts. With that said, it's hard to beat in the price range. A base R/T (Which is much better equipped than it sounds) starts out at $29,000 MSRP, meaning you can find them for $25,000 during the right time of the month.

All about what you want. I have a base R/T with Nav/Reverse Camera, perfect for me. I've yet to find a corner I can't take at 70, or a SS/Mustang that can or is willing to keep up.

This is how I describe it to my friends.. It's large enough to fit the whole family comfortably and fast enough to terrify them into never riding with you again!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
erincastillo

I need help ! I have 2007 charger RT just recently the car idles rough, rpm drops and the feels like it wants to die and it did twice . Ones at a stop sign and a second time pulling into my driveway . It only does it at low speeds 3-5mphs or at a complete stop . Currently at the dealership but they can't find anything wrong with it or any codes . Help this car driving me crazy! They said bringing to the dealer stop being cheap but the dealership don't even have a clue ! My system getting "flash " hopefully this fixes my problem. I learn about the flash through the forum and other Mechanics .

Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 PM
oldmopeguy

I have a 2007 Charger RT AWD with over 115,000 miles on it and haven't had problems with it at all. I have modded it quite a bit and still no problems.

Quick Reply: 2011 dodge charger r/t awd.