Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

iPod control wire

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default iPod control wire

I just picked up an iPod control wire for the Charger. My question is, they say that you should run the wire to the glove box. Here's my question: does the factory stereo control the iPod, or will I still have to manually control it? (song choice, etc)

Should mention: 09 Charger SXT AWD.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:59 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which stereo do you have?

Mine had the nav system integrated and I was able to control my ipod with it. The factory has it going into the glove box as well. I never saw my ipod until I had to give up the charger. LOL!!!

I'm not sure about the standard radio, I've never seen one that had the integrated kit installed. So I can only answer for the nav system units.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:14 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Interesting, my stereo is the one that does not have the Nav capability. The iPod wire goes into the back of the stereo. I've seen the style (like yours) where there is a recepticle in the glove box, with a short, removable wire for the iPod. Since my car didn't come with the iPod wire, I purchased the one that goes to the back of the stereo. However, I still don't know if my stereo will control the iPod. The dealer won't tell me. On top of that, I have to bring the car to the dealer and have them Starscan the sumb%^&* to get it to work.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if the dealer has to starscan her to get it to function properly, I would bet that you will be able to operate your Ipod from the controls.

On the nav system, there weren't "ipod specific" buttons on the dash. I had to enter into the ipod connection, then I could my content, then I controlled it the same way I would as if I had a cd in it.

The standard radio, I bet will work similiar as it already will switch over automatically when you plug an AUX accessory into it. So I bet you will access the ipod through the aux function and your folders will appear on the little LCD of the radio. That would be my best guess.

If you didn't mention the starscan, I would still have to wait to see if you hooked it up in order to find out how it worked for ya, but since you mention it has to be done. That can only mean that they are going to activate it.

Let us know....

Old 03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Well, I hooked up the iPod wire to the back of the stereo. It doesn't work. So, I will be taking it to the dealer to have them Starscan it. We will see if the stereo will control the iPod. I will keep ya'll posted.

Quick Reply: iPod control wire