Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Additional Dealer Markup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:17 AM
stonebase
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Additional Dealer Markup?

Still contemplating the purchase of a Charger R/T. Rumor has it here in our part of the country that some dealers are selling the R/T several thousand dollars over the sticker due to the high demand and short supply of vehicles. Has anyone else run into this??

Old 06-30-2005, 05:07 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: Additional Dealer Markup?

i was at my dealer fro 1 hour and they sold 2 r/ts in that time. i wouldn't doubt it. i don't know for sure, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
illy
Professional

You could always leave them your card and tell them you are ready to go as soon as they are willing to sell one for MSRP or let you order one at MSRP. Or better yet, wait a few months and haggle even lower. Dealers are usually more than happy to sell a car at MSRP even if they act like you are ripping them off.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:54 PM
illy
Professional

And another option to consider. I am a magnum owner and paid around 34k for mine in March. Right now there are several on auto trader, RT's with the same mileage as mine for around 27k... Maybe a little patience could save you a lot of cash. Then again, I am in California.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:11 AM
BlackCrystalCharger

I Paid 2k under MSRP. The bigger the dealer the better the deal, but do not walk up. Call or e-mail first! Every dealer has an internet sales guy that will sell on an invoice plus basis

Dave,
2006 Charger R/T
2000 Dakota R/T

Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 AM
petshop

I was also frustrated by the greedy dealer markups in my area, I went through a broker who got me in under MRSP (california). I'm now the happy owner of a black RT. I've only seen one other charger on the road who waved crazily as they drove past.

Dodge have a winner no doubt about it, great acceleration, upgraded interior, lots of room. Only improvement I would add is a night time sensor for turning the lights on.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hi all,

My name is Dan and I am a marketing representative for the Dodge Information center. I came across your post and wondered if I assist you with any questions, thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Let me know,
Dan

Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: petshop
Only improvement I would add is a night time sensor for turning the lights on.

you mean that isn't even an option. well damn i thought that was standard on the r/t. my 04 Pacifica had it, why not a more expensive 2006 dodge.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Supply of R/T Chargers should very good. Production of the R/T will be greater than the 3.5L versions, from what I have read on DealerConnect (DMC dealer website)

Old 07-22-2005, 07:48 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

It’s unfortunate to hear about your trials and tribulations obtaining your charger. I’m very happy that you’ve settled on one and at a price point that’s beneficial to your wallet. It’s fantastic to hear our owners have adopted such a sense of pride and community in such a short time. Welcome to the Dodge family!

I figure while I’m here, I should explain the reason pricing differs from dealerships to dealership. Each dealership is an independently owned franchise, like any other franchised business depending on ownership and management personnel you may run into dealerships who have vehicles priced above or below the suggested retail price.

Primarily it’s a supply and demand game. Some enthusiasts are willing to pay a premium to have a vehicle before it’s readily available to the public, thus the possibility of dealer markup in certain areas. In addition there is always the human factor as well. You want to save as much money as possible, while the sales representative wants to take home as much as possible. You just need to find a middle ground that you both agree on.

My suggestion in this circumstance is to comparison shop; usually you can find someone who’s willing to cut you a deal like BlackCrystalCharger got. Even if you have to email a few dealerships who might be an hour or such away, the few minutes spent might save you a substantial amount of cash.

It’ll make you smile almost as much as you tear down the highway in your brand new Charger. Enjoy!.
- Dan

Quick Reply: Additional Dealer Markup?