Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2010 Charger lifter and tappit noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
CHARGEMEUP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2010 Charger lifter and tappit noise

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site, so please bare with me.
Just would like to relate a issue we recently had with our 2010 Charger SXT
and the dealership we deal with.
The car has a 3.5L V-6 w/auto. At 34,000 miles we had a klunk in the right rear, took it in and they said it had a loose bolt on the trailing arm.
They tightened it up and said it was good to go. Then at 38,500 miles it started klunking again, plus it had a klunk now in the left front, along with a lifter & tappit noise on cold start up, till it warms up.
It has been serviced at its reg intervals by our local dealer we bought it from.
Called them again and made a appointment to bring it in.
Ended up leaving it there overnight and had to pay for Enterprise rental car.
(oh! buy the way was a 2012 Jeep Wrangler)
What a joke that thing is.
(we have the Dodge factory 7 yr 100,000 mile driveline warrenty plus a extended 4 yr 75,000 bumper to bumper warrenty)
When I dropped it off the dealership insisted they never had a issue with any engine noises in these engines. (whatever)
The following day they called and said they could not find any problem concerning the klunking in the suspention. So I asked about the engine noise, I now got the answer of (oh there is a update kit for the lifter and tappit issue as the were machined wrong from the get go) and the kit is on B/O as they are all out of them and it could take up to a month to get it in stock. Sounds to me as they knew the problem existed all along.
Back to the klunk issue.
So now I am getting into a heated battle over the suspention problem.
They were insisting there was not a issue and they could not find it, (put there top guy on the job that has owned Chargers forever) (again whatever). (found out later they drove the car for a whopping 4 miles)
I am a tracter Trailer tech (semis) of 25 years and know a problem when it rears its ugly head.
I sturnly told them to look till you find the problem as it is there.
Well to make a long irritating story short.
I went to pick up the car and the oil was not changed, as I told them it needed to be as it was due, it was not washed and they tried to charge me $125.00 for doing nothing (so they say) plus the $70.00 for the rental car.
Well by now I am ready to drive the car up someones @ss and take the hit on my credit & the jail time.
After 10 mins of fighting with them They dropepd 1/2 the bill to a total of $67.95 including the rental.
(I just wanted to leave, so I agreed).
Got home and checked the bank and looky there, Enterprice tried hitting my card for the $70.00 anyways plus what I just paid.
My wife went through the roof and made her phone call to the dealership manager, needless to say the charge was dropped.
All in all we are not happy with the type of service this Dealership and Dodge has given us.
If they would have just said SIR! we found the problem and we fixed it and the parts are on order for the engine noise, we are sorry for the problems.
I would have been happy to pay the bill in full and would have walked away happy, as I would of felt I was treated in a fair and honest way.
(BUT LIE TO ME AND THEN CHARGE ME) Bull Sh--
Not going to happen in my life time.
(yes we are going to a new dealership in the future for its services till we can find someone to buy the thing)
You figure after spending that kind on money, they would at least treat you better.
We were planning on buying a 2011 Challenger in the spring, but that ship has long past sailed.
(FOLLOW UP)
When I picked the car and drove it home, maracusly there was no klunk in the suspention and it drove like new again.
(but they could not find the problem nor would they admit they did anything)

The moral to this story for any of you guys in charge of Public realations and quality control at Chysler Dodge Jeep:
Is
We pay your salery buy buying your vehicals, if you don't want to be sitting on the curb wondering where your next meal is coming from, (like alot of unforunate people these days.
START TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH MORE CARE
(oh ya! I forgot! you will just run to the Government for more money and enjoy your 6 digit bonuses)
What the hell has our country become!!

Not so tastefully yours
CHARGEMEUP

Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel better now that you vented?

There are a lot of horror stories out there about dealerships, but there are more happy ending ones I think. It appears you just got a bum dealership and hope switching to the new one will solve all your problems.

We have a few Dodge employees here on the site that help out in their spare time and I can assure you these same employees work for dealerships that get rave reviews.

Good luck on your switch and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by KRZY.BMET; 01-17-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: my english was REALLY BAD
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
CHARGEMEUP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess for now, LOL (-:
Don't get me wrong I love the car, but you would think these dealerships would understand we the buyers keep them in business.
If you do your best to do your best for the buyers, they will tell everyone how happy they are with the dealership and there products, that in turn will bring more people in and possiblly turn into more sales, which in turn means more money all around. This is why our country is in the mess we are in.
Everyone is out for themselves and only to see how much they can get for that one time deal. Quality before Qauntiy, with that you will be rewarded 100 fold. How hard is that to understand.
Take care of each individule sale as if it was your first and will be your last. Leave a everlasting impression on the buyer, and they will never forget it or you.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're preaching to the choir and this is why several dealerships here in the South Florida area went under recently. They could beat prices all they want, but they could never satisfy the customer.

Quick Reply: 2010 Charger lifter and tappit noise