Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Chrisser1377
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have an 06 Charger with 130,000 miles on it. Reliable car, bit lately is acting strange. While cruising (any speed) it will seem to stutter or die out for a split second. The lights dim, the tachometer will go down near zero and the oil light and lightning bolt light will flash for just a second. It will continue to run, sometimes only doing this once sometimes a few times. Also, it will stall out after starting or when going slow while leaving a driveway or parking lot.
Diagnostic said u0100 lost communication with ECM. Does this sound right and is it an easy fix?
Thanks for your help!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Something to check...

Locate your control module against the passenger side firewall. Check each connection between the wire harness and the module itself. I had a situation with my 05' Ram which had the same scenario as you. Come to find out one of the three wire harnesses had been unlatched and slightly loosened, causing glitches while driving.

It could also be a defective module, unfortunately that's never a cheap fix, between purchasing a new module and having it reflashed, it adds up fast.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Chrisser1377

I'll check it out. Thanks