Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger R/T exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Aetherfury
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire Stick
Aetherfury have you done any other exhaust modifacations?
Nothing else yet! I plan on doing high flow cats/headers but I have been super busy lately. I plasti-dipped my wheels, video here:

and I did the LMI Intake which I'm making a sound difference video pretty soon on.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think the Corsa Extreme system sounds awesome on these cars. I'd put Magnaflow in a very close second. If you want a nice throaty sound without too much drone make sure you have resonators. If you go with just mufflers it will be significantly louder and you're going to hear more drone as a result.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
rangerider13
Default Exhaust udgrade

Go with the Flow Master 40's sounds good at idle, great when accelerating and Excellent on the cruise (highway speeds) I can hear the wife in the drive way start it up and then I can hear her drive it down the block.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
rangerider13

Same here, love mine, a little quieter than Aetherfury's but not much, stock exhaust size. Flow Master 40's is the choice of most Hot Rodders, know one ask them.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually just had work done on my car on the 17th. Had my local exhaust shop swap the stock mufflers for 14" Magnaflow Mufflers. Stock tailpipes were replaced with 3" stainless pipes, and the resonators were removed. When the shop had my car up on the lift I listened to Flowmaster 40's, Flowmaster 44's, Magnaflows, and various cheaper knockoffs of the aforementioned mufflers. I didn't like the 44's at all, too quiet, and not nearly as throaty or as aggressive as I like my exhaust to sound. The Flowmaster 40's and the Magnaflows actually sound pretty equal. I would say the Magnaflows are just a little less harsh and just slightly (very slightly) quieter than the Flowmaster 40's. I would say you can't go wrong with the Flowmaster 40's or the Magnaflows. Just keep in mind that the Magnaflows are only a few dollars more, they're stainless, and they have a lifetime warranty.

I know this thread was a little old but just in case anyone might find this information useful.

Quick Reply: Charger R/T exhaust suggestions