Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Airbag light on

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Adams95ta
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light on

My 2010 SXT charger was in a mild collison and I have replaced all of the damaged parts. I installed new airbags but the airbag light remains on. I did not replace the clock spring in the steering wheel. Is there a module that must be reset after the airbags are blown or could I have another issue? I have hooked up a simple OBDII scanner to the car and it doesn't show any trouble codes. I'm at a loss.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Adams95ta
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just found myairbags.com, we shall see how this goes.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams95ta
My 2010 SXT charger was in a mild collison and I have replaced all of the damaged parts. I installed new airbags but the airbag light remains on. I did not replace the clock spring in the steering wheel. Is there a module that must be reset after the airbags are blown or could I have another issue? I have hooked up a simple OBDII scanner to the car and it doesn't show any trouble codes. I'm at a loss.
Adam,

Did you find the information you were looking for at the airbag.com website? If you are still looking how to resolve the airbag light concern I would recommend talking to a Dodge dealer, they will be able to advise what parts you need specifically for your vehicle and point you in the right direction.

Ignoring the Airbag Warning light could mean you won't have the airbags to protect you in a collision. If the light does not come on, stays on after you start the vehicle, or if it comes on as you drive, it is suggested as per the Owner's Manual, page 60, to have an authorized dealer service the airbag system immediately.

Quick Reply: Airbag light on