Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

need help wierd sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013 | 05:39 AM
Barrett Johnston
|
Default need help wierd sound

hello everyone, i did a search on this and couldn't find anything conclusive, so i decided to post this. my car is a 2006 dodge charger 3.5 and just recently i've started hearing a whining noise from the front end of the car, and only on deceleration. it only started doing this too just a few days ago. the noise goes away when i push on the accelerator ,it wouldnt do it all the time once in a while kind of thing. unfortunately that wasn't the case today when i drove home, it didn't quit at all. does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? thanks in advance.

Last edited by Barrett Johnston; 02-13-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2013 | 09:04 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Barrett,

Do you think the noise is coming from the engine compartment? Do you hear it at idle as well as deceleration? I would check belt and pulleys first to see the shape of the belt or if any of the pulleys have and slop in them if the engine compartment is the source of the noise.

Old 02-13-2013 | 10:06 AM
Barrett Johnston
|

The noise is coming from the engine compartment and it does do it in park at an idle when i press the gas but you can barly hear it really faint. Belts and pulleys seem fine no slop in the belt i do not know how to check if pulleys are bad

Last edited by Barrett Johnston; 02-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-05-2013 | 10:49 AM
stewtina
Veteran

my 06 R/T was doing the same whining sound ... it didnt sound like ps pump ..... i nded up having to replace water pump .... and the sound is no longer there ......

Old 03-05-2013 | 12:59 PM
SFGIANTS6905

Try replacing PCV VALVE ! I had a similar noise coming from the engine and I replaced the pvc valve the noise is completely gone.

Quick Reply: need help wierd sound