Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2013 Uconnect voice commands

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013 | 01:30 AM
Junglist9MR

Originally Posted by adriatik.n
Ive given up on this part of the UConnect. I just cant get it to work. The voice recognition seems to be very poorly designed. I would love to know if there's a way to make it work.
There is a feature designed in the UConnect radios called "Voice Training"
This may help but sometimes it's not 100%.

Old 09-28-2013 | 10:07 PM
ledman
Rookie

Mine has been working pretty good so far, my wife has a tricky first name I think for a computer to recognize, but it dials her every time, maybe they fixed it by the time my 2013 was built in May 2013? Seeing the OP posted this in March of 2013, I have to assume his car was built in late 2012 or early 2013

Old 10-03-2013 | 06:30 AM
D0dgeRam1500
Amateur

Are you guys hitting the voice command button or the phone call button? Voice command doesn't make phone calls. It only will do music commands. Also, there was a radio software update. I would check with your local dealership. The update should be free.

Last edited by D0dgeRam1500; 10-03-2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Additional information.
Old 10-04-2013 | 06:48 AM
ohten

Originally Posted by Junglist9MR
There is a feature designed in the UConnect radios called "Voice Training"
This may help but sometimes it's not 100%.
Mine wasn't working either and I had posted about it on here a while back. Since then I've discovered that if you turn your Bluetooth on before you turn your car on the voice command seems to work no problem.

Old 10-04-2013 | 06:54 PM
jwilson7256

I was having the same problems using the phone on my Dodge Dart U-Connect system. All I ever heard was "I don't understand or Please repeat". I found out what I was doing wrong was pressing the VR button to make a phone call instead of pressing the Phone button right next to it. I guess I assumed the one VR button handled it all but not the case. Once I started to hit the phone button next to the VR button to use the phone everything worked just fine after that.

Old 10-05-2013 | 01:27 AM
ledman
Rookie

Originally Posted by D0dgeRam1500
Are you guys hitting the voice command button or the phone call button? Voice command doesn't make phone calls. It only will do music commands. Also, there was a radio software update. I would check with your local dealership. The update should be free.
I don't get why I have that VC button then, I have just the 4.3 radio system, no XM satellite 4.3s. I just push the phone button and speak my command, if I actually push the VC button, it tells me to push the phone button to make a call, so why do I have that button on my wheel??

Old 10-06-2013 | 07:27 AM
jwilson7256
Default Solved my problem

Originally Posted by jwilson7256
I have a new Dodge Dart Limited with a Galaxy 3 paired to the connect and have the same problem. While in the telephone screen I say call home and it switches to the Navigation screen. I say tune to satellite channel 110 and it goes to channel 10. I have tried every combination of words to get it to work but it always gets it wrong. I also get a lot of "I didn't understands" from the lady in the dash. I don't know why it would have anything to do with the phone.
I was pushing the VR button on the steering wheel to communicate with the telephone like I do with everything else on my U-connect. That was causing my problems. Once I started hitting the telephone button on the steering wheel to use the phone, everything worked fine after that. Must have had tunnel vision not to figure this out sooner.

Old 08-26-2017 | 04:03 PM
Dapack

I have a 2013 Charger with same problem. Only my voice command won't work only with Sprint as carrier. I have IPhone 7. Have tried IPhone 7 with a different communication provider and it worked. Got same runaround from Uconnect help desk. Also dealer couldn't help. At a dead end.
John
Wedge2me@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: 2013 Uconnect voice commands