Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Charger With Similar Shifting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 PM
b_wood00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Charger With Similar Shifting Problems

What's upper,
I own a 2008 Dodge Charger with the 5.7L Hemi and Police Package. In reading through some dodge charger threads in this forum, I've come across one explaining shifting problems in a 06' model. I'm having similar problems in my 08' and wonder if there are any fixes that I may do myself or any forum family advice.
The difference in my 08' shifting problems as compared to the 06's shifter problems that i've read about is that my shifter doesn't stick and remain stuck in park. My shifter is also located in the dash/steering column and not in the center console like most chargers.
The shifter in my 08' sometimes sticks and seems to unstick whenever it's ready. My key, both the keyless fob and regular key, sometimes even gets stuck in the ignition and I have difficulty getting them out.
I called the dealership on these issues, and they're telling me that it sounds as though something is going out on the shifter, I suppose somewhere around the steering column, and I need to bring it in so they can look at it and service. I'm not sure if my forum family knows, but the dealerships generally charge $100 to just look at these cars.
With these vehicles becoming manufactured with more electronics every year, I was wondering if these shifting problems that I'm having may be stemming from a low voltaged battery. ????
Does anyone have any experience, advice, knowledge, or directions towards fixing this problem?? Whether you have a police packaged charger or regular charger, I'd greatly appreciate your input.
Thanks in Advance.

Quick Reply: 2008 Charger With Similar Shifting Problems