Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Cheap Cold Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Waynejcarter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Cold Air Intakes

I bought my 06 charger rt a week ago and love it so far. Bought it as a second car to put very few miles on a felt the rt was the best choice for the most part they were not daily drivers and most people look after them. Now I am really liking driving it over my 2011 hemi powered truck and just put a set of michellin primacy tires on it as my first mod. They made an unreal difference in the drive and handle of the car.

Next mod is a cold air intake and I seethe average price is around 300 but some are on ebay for 50 bucks and 40 shipping. I am not looking to race this thing just improve it a little over factory, are these better then factory or leave it factory until I want to soak 400 into an air intake. I am thinking if it is 400 the upgrade will be a head unit as mine has no aux input and hat is an easy 500 for a basic install with keeping the steering wheel controls and factory amp while installing it myself.

Your input is appreciated.

If a mod could move this to the charger forum I fat fingered the selection. Sorry!

Last edited by Waynejcarter; 04-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:14 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you do a CAI upgrade, look at exhaust mods first. The factory intake is pretty good until you do an exhaust mod then you will want to do the CAI.

As far as those $50 CAI on eBay, you ever hear that saying, you get what you paid for? Well yeah, there you go. Best thing is to save and buy right the first time. It will make you and your car happy.

Now I will move your thread to the charger section.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Waynejcarter

Thanks, that's what I thought, you ge what you pay for and the muffler makes sense. I do not plan to do that so maybe when the factory filter needs to be replaced I will use a k/n filter. Just thought maybe one of these cheap intakes would be better then the factory with a k/n filter for less then the factory k/n filter replacement.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

If money is a factors (which it always is), just do a K&N drop in filter. Get away from the paper filter. Then for the exhaust, look under you car, there is the "suitcase" muffler near the center. Just cut that out and run straight pipes. Leave the resonators on (which are the bubble looking things near the tail pipes). This will give you a little more air in, air out. Give you a throaty race car sound, and cost about $100 total. If you have a saw that cuts pipe, you can do it yourself in a few hours.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Mrninja9

With the suitcase removed what kind of mileage difference have you seen.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

You won't see any difference in mpg's. it is strictly for sound.

Quick Reply: Cheap Cold Air Intakes