Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Bad, bad squirrel

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 AM
JRHill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad, bad squirrel

Last summer I left my 2007 SRT8 outside the garage for a week. A squirrel took a liking to the firewall insulation directly behind the bell housing, stripping it to the metal. Fortunately it was only behind the bell housing with a few surface nips on the hood liner. I can't find any material that closely resembles OEM (only foil faced) with which which to trim out and replace the damaged areas.

Any input other than to order a full OEM firewall mat?

TIA, JRH

Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
dzblues
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I took care of his cousin anyway.

Don't know if you wanted to dress up the area & use standard insulation, or if this idea would even help at all, but a guy I work with has a product similar to this:
http://www.rvinyl.com/American-Car-Craft-303006.html
on his '10 camaro. Don't know if that's exact place he got it from either but he had effed his insulation running a wire harness and left it for a while instead of taking care of it. It of course got damp & crumbly, so he found the dress piece he got was cheaper than gm replacement for insulation pad, so he said, and used standard cut to fit insulation double thick for sound proofing & made it pretty in the process.

As far as squirrels, driving my Charger home for very first time a litle grey bugger ran in front of me on a fun little 45 mph 2 lane ditch lined winding road. I didn't swerve, brake, flinch, or anything to prevent the thumpthump. I hadn't even parked in my driveway or made a payment yet! I did say "sorry" but I don't think he heard me.

Good luck!

Last edited by dzblues; 06-13-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: fracking hyperwon'tlink

Quick Reply: Bad, bad squirrel