Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

The new Chargers are ok I guess...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005 | 08:27 PM
Rick0636
Default The new Chargers are ok I guess...

But I had a 73 Charger, and it and every other REAL Dodge Charger I have ever seen had only 2 doors, not 4. It was a 2 door HT, not a sedan, maybe they could get by with a coupe, but 4 doors does not a true Charger make. Sorry guys.

Old 10-09-2005 | 09:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Default RE: The new Chargers are ok I guess...

It's been talked about so much...

So for my reply, I'll leave you with a quote from an Edmunds.com review.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_306712/tm.htm

To many of us, the words "Dodge Charger" evoke images of a brawny coupe with Coke-bottle contours and hideaway headlights. Especially with the recent release of the Dukes of Hazzard movie, it's the 1968-1970 version of Dodge's classic muscle car that first comes to mind. Hard-core partisans have taken issue with DaimlerChrysler's revival of that traditional coupe name for the 2006 Dodge Charger, a four-door sedan. We say, OK, it might have been nice to save the name for a sporty coupe, but it's now on a sedan. Let's move on.

At Least They Didn't Call It a Polara
Whatever you think of the decision to use the name, there's no denying the 2006 Dodge Charger RT is a lot of car for the money. For a starting price of around $30,000, you get a stylish, powerful, roomy car with a tough attitude and very strong performance. But the Charger doesn't just perform better than its platform siblings, it feels better.

"When we were engineering the Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum and Dodge Charger, we wanted all three vehicles to have their own character," Brown told us during a phone interview. "We wanted each car to feel different."

Well, we've driven all three, and we like the Charger's character the best. It's the bad boy of the bunch and it wants to party. Hard. Stoke the coals and order the optional Road/Track Performance Group. You won't regret it.

Old 10-12-2005 | 11:57 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

I wish they would have made the Charger a two door as well, but this is still a sweet car. Have you ever sat in one. It won me over in no time. I think Coronet would have been a more accurate name, but this is not the first time the Charger name was used on a four door. Remember the "Charger" (Omni) from the 80s? Now that was something to complain about, but this is a really nice car. I'm willing to live with it. I want one!

Old 10-13-2005 | 01:19 AM
srtommy
Veteran

The Challenger will be here for 2007. A two door.

Old 10-13-2005 | 02:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

More like 2009...

Old 10-21-2005 | 10:44 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

I wish they would have made the Charger a two door as well, but this is still a sweet car. Have you ever sat in one. It won me over in no time. I think Coronet would have been a more accurate name, but this is not the first time the Charger name was used on a four door. Remember the "Charger" (Omni) from the 80s? Now that was something to complain about, but this is a really nice car. I'm willing to live with it. I want one!
It is the first time it's been a 4 door. The Omnirizon derivatives were still 2 doors only.

Old 10-21-2005 | 06:21 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

I dont think the new chargers are anything special, especially without a hemi. That seems to be dodge's selling point on almost all their new vehicles...anything thats just an average vehicle, they stick a hemi in...

now introducing, the new Dodge Grand Caravan HEMI!

With that said, their ok I guess, I would never buy one, especially not a 4 door..hopefully they dont **** up the Challenger too..

Quick Reply: The new Chargers are ok I guess...