Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Oil loss

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005 | 01:33 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: Oil loss

i don't think so. i think that is left for the 300 because it is the more upscale model.

Old 10-19-2005 | 02:03 AM
fishy1234

Test drove the Charger R/T today (Road and Track option not available at this dealership on any of the cars they had in stock, and I had to prove to sales rep that it is an option. He insisted it was already in the cars, and thats why they called it R/T, and if I wanted better suspension I would have to buy an SRT8 which is not available yet).

Complaints: This car felt more like a sedan then a sports car to us. Dashboard sits high, my 5' 4" wife was unable to get steering wheel adjusted to obtain a clear view of speedometer. Interior is nice but not like that of a luxury car. Excelerating on curves, and making turns the car tilts alot to one side, so much that I slid several inches on my seat (seats are comfortable but the sliding and tilting has to go before I would purchase this car), wheels look better when they are all chrome, but the stock aluminum is okay. Wife is not impressed by the styling interior or exterior.

Pros: Car has power enough, good stereo, feels safe when driving.

Question, does the Road and Track option remove the swaying?

Old 10-19-2005 | 03:33 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

Road and track includes:
18" x 7.5" Aluminum Wheels w/Black Painted Accents
Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Auto Temp Control
Automatic Headlamps
Heated Front Seats
High-Speed Engine Controller
Load Leveling and Height Control
P235/55R18 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Perf. Seats w/Preferred Suede & Accent Stitching
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
Power Adjustable Pedals
Power Front Seats
One-Touch Power Front Windows with Express Up/Down

i would bet the bolded additions do quite a bit to the swaying. the ride might not be as smooth, but it will handle quite a bit better.

Old 10-19-2005 | 12:14 PM
fishy1234

You are probably right about the Road and Track package and swaying. That would most likely satisfy my needs, although I would like all Chrome 20 inch wheels. Dealer found one car about 75 miles from my house that has that option without the 20s. Also they would order one for us at 500 over invoice. I still cannot believe sales rep wanted me to buy after market shocks and other components to make one of the existing cars just like the road and track. Not sure they can even do that.

My wife probably would be happy with this car if it said, Mercedes or BMW or something similiar, if you know what I mean. Personally, I think the car would be extremely reliable / dependable, this engine runs perfectly, no stuttering, no stumbling, just nice and quiet idle with power on command. Once she hits her average driving speed of 95mph to work, the one hour commute would go by quickly.

We did sit in the crossfire, and I loved the car with convertible. She wants it to be a hardtop convertible, and hates the interior colors and that all plastic look. Oh and did I mention she likes it better with MBenz labling.

Afterwards, we got in her Caddy Seville STS and she says, see now this is what I want my car to look and feel like.

At this point all I can say is, Good Grief!

Old 10-22-2005 | 05:10 AM
COCharger
Amateur

One other aspect of the R&T Perf Pkg. that may help (along with the suspension upgrades) is the performance seats. Where the R/T has "Bucket" seats, the performance seats that you get with the package have bolstered sides. They hug you more and are meant to keep you in your seat. They have a "suade" center section in the seat and up the lower back to keep you from "sliding" around in your seat. Trust me, my Daytona came with these features and I can attest to their performance.

Another advantage is the steering upgrade. The internals of the power steering allow for a more precise feel and control.

The load leveling shocks and stiffer suspension are great. Although not stiff as you might think, they handle curves and turn as you would expect a "performance sedan" should. Yet the ride is not like a buck board. Normal bumps and blimps in the road are handled and provide a nice ride.

Quick Reply: Oil loss