Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Build Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005 | 03:24 AM
BLee85
Default Build Quality?

Posted this in SRT forum as well, thought it applied here too tho....

How are these cars put together? One major reason I decided not to pick up a slightly used 03/04 Cobra was the mass complaint on the fit and finish of the interior. Things sound like their falling apart at the hinges. Obviously every car will have their problems, but when it's on that scale, IMO it's unacceptable. Please don't give me a, "It's a muscle car" excuse, because honestly, a badly put together vehicle no matter what is just a sign of negligence by the company....especially in a car that stands second in line as the company's flagship....an econobox is a bit more acceptable. Maybe I just have too high standards....then again, maybe that's the same reason imports are far ahead in this department it's pathetic (sorry to go there, especially on a domestic site, but can you really say I'm wrong?). I love the looks and power of the new Charger SRT-8 and would seriously look into one...would really like some feedback on the overall build quality. I know the cars are relatively new, but hopefully I can get some sort of feedback from some owners....SRT or not.

Thanks fellas. Hope I didn't step on too many toes.....

Old 10-31-2005 | 03:36 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: Build Quality?

1. The headliner, in the rear, has a gap between it and the ceiling. Enough to slide your fingers through. I had a customer point it out to me and then I had the Dodge rep come down to look at one. It wasn't just that particular car, but everyone. He contacted the design group and said it was normal. We reattached the headliner a little firmer at the customer's request, but is anyone seeing this?

2. Midnight Blue - Check the door jams for thin paint.

these are the only 2 complaints i have heard about the build quality. the second doesn't apply to the srt because midnight blue isn't available on it. i haven't heard of any other paints having that problem. as for the gap it can be fixed and you should be problem free.

o yeah the cobra is a ford, so you should of expected problems before you even heard reviews.

Quick Reply: Build Quality?