Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Best Tuner For Charger?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:06 PM
951WPSD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tuner For Charger?????

So I was wondering what is the best tuner for my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T? I wanted to get more info on the tubers before i make my decision. And i was wondering based off peoples experience or knowledge on whats the best tuner out there for the charger. I heard about the diablo tuner and bullydog tuner but heard some bad from each. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Old 04-12-2017, 03:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

What engine size? Check diablosport.

Last edited by jkeaton; 04-12-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
951WPSD

Originally Posted by jkeaton
what engine size? Check diablosport.
5.7l v8

Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by 951WPSD
So I was wondering what is the best tuner for my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T? I wanted to get more info on the tubers before i make my decision. And i was wondering based off peoples experience or knowledge on whats the best tuner out there for the charger. I heard about the diablo tuner and bullydog tuner but heard some bad from each. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
I use Diablo mostly for this model. I do additional custom tuning from it once I send the tuner. I'll unlock a lot more of the torque mgmt and remove more of the of the throttle restrictions than the preloaded tune. If you want more info, shoot me an email at hemifever@hemifevertuning.com

Either of the tuners listed below work on your model. The intune i2010 and trinity both tune the same and have the same power output. The trinity has gtech features such as a 0 to 60 timer and 1/4 mile timer. It also has a larger display so you can actively show some logging gauges on it (you can even leave it in the vehicle for permanent mounting if you choose to). The intune i2 does not have that option. The i2 is MAC compatible where the Trinity isn't so much. The i2 also has the ability to tune multiple vehicles if extra licenses are purchased.

$489 for the Intune i-2010 i2 that INCLUDES our $160 option below already in the $489 price. We send you the tuner and you load in a Diablo preloaded tune. Then by copying a file off the tuner using Windows Explorer (or a MAC with this i2) you email us the original backup and last tune written files. We will make my changes and email it back. You send us a log and we will review the tune we sent is working efficiently. If something still needs tweaked we will send another tune. Website link : http://www.hemifevertuning.com/Diabl.../dsp-i2010.htm

$599 for the Trinity t-1000 that INCLUDES our $160 option below already in the $599 price. We send you the tuner and you load in a Diablo preloaded tune. Using the Diablo dsdownloader application (downloaded off Diablo website) you copy the original backup and last tune written file from the tuner and email those to us. We will make my changes and email it back. You send us a log and we'll review the tune we sent is working efficiently. If something still needs a tweak we will send another tune. WebSite link : http://www.hemifevertuning.com/diabl...sp-trinity.htm

If you already have a Diablo tuner and didn't purchase it from me, $160 is for preloaded tune enhancements. I will make changes to the preloaded tune files and review a log to ensure the tune is responding efficiently. This is mainly to enhance stock vehicles with simple bolt ons. I will make provisions for throttle body's, CAI, and exhaust.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:05 AM
951WPSD

Originally Posted by hemifever
I use Diablo mostly for this model. I do additional custom tuning from it once I send the tuner. I'll unlock a lot more of the torque mgmt and remove more of the of the throttle restrictions than the preloaded tune. If you want more info, shoot me an email at hemifever@hemifevertuning.com

Either of the tuners listed below work on your model. The intune i2010 and trinity both tune the same and have the same power output. The trinity has gtech features such as a 0 to 60 timer and 1/4 mile timer. It also has a larger display so you can actively show some logging gauges on it (you can even leave it in the vehicle for permanent mounting if you choose to). The intune i2 does not have that option. The i2 is MAC compatible where the Trinity isn't so much. The i2 also has the ability to tune multiple vehicles if extra licenses are purchased.

$489 for the Intune i-2010 i2 that INCLUDES our $160 option below already in the $489 price. We send you the tuner and you load in a Diablo preloaded tune. Then by copying a file off the tuner using Windows Explorer (or a MAC with this i2) you email us the original backup and last tune written files. We will make my changes and email it back. You send us a log and we will review the tune we sent is working efficiently. If something still needs tweaked we will send another tune. Website link : http://www.hemifevertuning.com/Diabl.../dsp-i2010.htm

$599 for the Trinity t-1000 that INCLUDES our $160 option below already in the $599 price. We send you the tuner and you load in a Diablo preloaded tune. Using the Diablo dsdownloader application (downloaded off Diablo website) you copy the original backup and last tune written file from the tuner and email those to us. We will make my changes and email it back. You send us a log and we'll review the tune we sent is working efficiently. If something still needs a tweak we will send another tune. WebSite link : http://www.hemifevertuning.com/diabl...sp-trinity.htm

If you already have a Diablo tuner and didn't purchase it from me, $160 is for preloaded tune enhancements. I will make changes to the preloaded tune files and review a log to ensure the tune is responding efficiently. This is mainly to enhance stock vehicles with simple bolt ons. I will make provisions for throttle body's, CAI, and exhaust.
Sweet! How much of a horsepower and torque gain would i be looking at?

Last edited by 951WPSD; 04-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Sweet! How much of a horsepower and torque gain would i be looking at?
If you click on the link, it says up to 15+ hp and 20+ torque. Not big numbers, but combined with a few bolt on's you might start to feel it. Biggest change it to the factory shift points. Tuners change the shift points so you stay in the power band longer (shifts are delayed) which gives you the biggest improvement over stock.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 AM
951WPSD

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If you click on the link, it says up to 15+ hp and 20+ torque. Not big numbers, but combined with a few bolt on's you might start to feel it. Biggest change it to the factory shift points. Tuners change the shift points so you stay in the power band longer (shifts are delayed) which gives you the biggest improvement over stock.
thanks for the help

Old 04-13-2017, 02:28 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

the torque mgmt reduction and removed throttle restrictions are worth more power than the 21 hp you would see on the dyno. Don't get caught up in just that feature of a tuner.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:49 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh, Dodge did a good job on the chargers not leaving much on the table so don't expect big numbers on a stock motor and don't try to guess unless you do a before and after session on a dyno.

Mine only got a little more then 10hp & 10TQ on the dyno using HPtuners by a great tuner but the thing drives and feels like it gained 25HP/TQ.
Thats the magic a good tuner can do.

I have read good press about hemifever tunes but have had a chance to log tunes by others using the Diablio hand helds and their so-called 93 octane tunes pulled gobs or Knock Retard.

So without seeing hemifevers work going only on hear say I would recommend two options.

1. Give hemifever a shot.
2. Scan for dyno shops in your area that do MOPAR.

I use Injected engineering Marietta GA.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:42 AM
Brandon Smack
Default Dyno

I would go with with a Dyno tune

Quick Reply: Best Tuner For Charger?????