Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

I"m baffled

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:30 PM
mgerdau
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I"m baffled

My 2009 Charger hasn't ran for almost a week. I had to have it towed home. I checked for error code and it was P0171, lean 1/1. I verified spark to the plugs in the #1 bank, pulled the fuel pumps and the tank was dirty with bits of stuff but when I took the regulator out and tapped it on my workbench the fuel came out black. While I had the pump out I used an air hose to blow back through the fuel line from the fuel rail; the fuel came out nice and clean. So I purchased a new fuel pump put it in and still nothing; yes, I put clean fuel back in the tank. The engine cranks but doesn't fire. I checked the fuel relay and it checked out ok. I put in a new air cleaner, new IAP sensor, new upstream O2 sensor, cleaned the MAF sensor. I haven't checked the fuel pressure only because I don't have the right tool.

So, any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you checked the ASD (Auto Shut Down) relay?

Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM
mgerdau
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Have you checked the ASD (Auto Shut Down) relay?
No, I have not. Where is the ASD relay?

The engine turns over but just doesn't start. Would the engine crank if the ASD relay was blown?

Last edited by mgerdau; 07-07-2017 at 10:13 AM.