Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Engine that goes out on my 2007 Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 04:37 PM
johnstirn90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine that goes out on my 2007 Dodge Charger

Hello everyone, I am the proud French owner of a 2007 Dodge Charger. I am writing to you because I can not find an answer to my question in France.
So for you just explain, I bought a Dodge Charger 2.7 V6 with a broken engine. I own another Dodge Charger 3.5 V6 with a body out of service (Rust on 80% of the bodywork.

So I install the 3.5 engine instead of 2.7. The engine worked perfectly before disassembly.

So I install the engine, I replace all the electrical harness of the engine and the dashboard to be sure it is the same. I go back all the components (calculators, BSI, and all the parts adjacent to the engine).

I turn the key, the engine starts and runs normally until it rises to "normal" temperature. And at a certain point, the engine speed increases suddenly, then goes down again and a red light-like light comes on and flashes. The engine runs differently, oddly even. And either he holds or he cuts himself off.

If I try to restart, it starts normally and runs correctly and re-belotte after a few minutes ...

So, I checked and even replaced the probe that is in the pipe after the air filter and the throttle body.

Would you know what problems I could look into? Thanking you

Attached Thumbnails Engine that goes out on my 2007 Dodge Charger-mov_0815_000003.jpg  
Old 03-12-2018, 09:29 PM
cruzer55
Veteran

Change PCM computer ,FRom the doner csr.Just a thought......................

Old 03-13-2018, 01:07 AM
johnstirn90

the PCM is the one that goes with the engine

Quick Reply: Engine that goes out on my 2007 Dodge Charger