Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 Charger Noise under hood

Old 03-31-2018, 01:58 PM
GilroyRacing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Charger Noise under hood

Hey I have a weird one for you.

I have a 2014 Charger with the v6.

Out of no where it decided it wanted to start making a weird noise.

Pulled up to the garage, shut the car off and walked away from it for a few minutes, walked back towards it and heard a noise coming from the front.

Popped the hood tomtry and pin and pin point it, sounds like it may be coming from the AC compressor or in that general area.

The sound is weird, it's not really a hum or a beep. Sounds electrical, possibly a motor or solinoid of some sort?

This is the first time it has ever made this noise, no CEL or anything different with the operation of the car.

Would would be in that general area of the left front that would make this noise and what can be done to make it stop.

It's not a constant hum or beep or whatever sound. It makes the sound for a second or two stops then does it again.

Out of ideas on what it could be, any one experience this before?

i tried to look around online before posting here, I came across this post which describes what im hearing but of course no real reason:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/strange-beeping-noise-engine-bay-437081/#/topics/437081?page=2

Thanks for any and all help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Charger Noise under hood