Can't remove ignition key - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Charger
Reload this Page >

Can't remove ignition key

Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't remove ignition key

Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Venom7011
Default Can't remove ignition key

I have an 09 Charger SRT8 SuperBee. Sometime when I turn the car off I am not able to remove the ignition key. When I step on the brake it sounds like something is trying to accuate by the shifter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

There is a brake/shifter interlock, that prevents you from taking it out of park, unless you have your foot on the brake. Does the car actually go into park? May just be something needs adjustment, so the ignition will actually let go of the key.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Venom7011

Yes it goes into park. Just somtimes it only goes to accessory and won't let the key fob to come out. There are times if I wait a few minutes I hear a click and I can turn the key off and remove it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't remove ignition key

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: