Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Message - Mismatch tire size AWD not available

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:26 PM
Jo H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Message - Mismatch tire size AWD not available

I have a 2015 Dodge Charger SXT AWD. Put new tires on about a month or so ago - same size that were issued on new vehicle; AWD comes on automatically - today driving home in snow - car in AWD - had to downshift due to ice, slope and hairpin turn in road - dash board indicator came on - Mismatch tire size AWD not available. The care has been in all wheel drive most every day (weather conditions) since the new tires were installed. Any suggestions? I have not attempted to drive to see if it reset on its own - snowing here.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the wheel speed sensors at each wheel are seeing different rotational speeds.

If you have the same brand, size, within 3/32" treadwear, tire pressure is ok...I speculate it may be due to the slippery roads... the wheel slip is working the system hard....the ptu may shut the system down so it doesn't overheat

Old 01-22-2024, 03:59 AM
mitsurugi2424
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen today in the ice. Was creeping down an icy hill with a turn in 1st gear so I wouldn't go off the road when I started to loose the back end. When I looked down at the instrument panel, I had the same message. The AWD on these chargers is great, but it's useless if it shuts off when you need it. I have a 2017 5.7 Pursuit with AWD. First time it's ever done that.

Quick Reply: Message - Mismatch tire size AWD not available