08 3.5 V6 with 258K miles. Transmission slipping and ETC light is on - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Charger
Reload this Page >

08 3.5 V6 with 258K miles. Transmission slipping and ETC light is on

Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 3.5 V6 with 258K miles. Transmission slipping and ETC light is on

Old 01-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Errbee James
Default 08 3.5 V6 with 258K miles. Transmission slipping and ETC light is on

My car needs a lot of work and I trying to get advice on if I should even bother fixing this stuff or getting a newer one. I want to start putting performance and visual mods on it but I'm questioning if it's too late to put several thousand dollars into it? Are the engine crates worth it? I've had this car a decade and I love it through all of the problems I've let build up with it. Tips?

Old 01-02-2019, 10:17 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

That's up to you..... If the rest of the car is in good shape, then fixing it isn't out of line. If you have really high mileage though, keep in mind that the rest of the car will be wanting attention as well. Still, probably cheaper than buying a new(er) one.....

Old 01-02-2019, 10:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

Sell it. Not worth putting money into a 3.5 with that many miles on it. If it was a hemi, maybe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 3.5 V6 with 258K miles. Transmission slipping and ETC light is on

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: