Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

New member - temperature issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Johnny55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool

Old 03-03-2019, 08:28 PM
rcbarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny55
Hello everyone, i bought a 2012 sxt charger. My temp gauge and heat are acting weird. My car can warm up for 15 min and temp gauge hardly moves. I drive 20 min to work and it never changes. It blows warm air but not hot. When i get to work park car leave it runnin temp guage then goes up to midway point. The dash reads temp for coolant 156 degree. Weird. Im not sure of issue. Any help would be nice. Thankyou.
See this whole 180 degree T-stat confuses me. I was all set on a Mishimoto 180 and then was informed of the Diablo tune I would need to set the fans. Is this not an expensive tune, is there not a way to just set the freaking fans? Will a 180 cause the ECM to throw error codes on startup?, operating?, other time?

I have a 2018 Charger SP and on the way home the other day in bumper to bumper traffic she went to the highest temp I have seen to date, 220 degrees. Less then 17k miles on the car. While this still maybe within tolerances, I don't like it and if I can find a solution to keep the temps lower in this traffic (we have a lot) I am going with it.

I am thinking about a Gates or Motorad 190 so I could probably squeak by with no tune.

Quick Reply: New member - temperature issue