Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2001 8.0L V10 swap into 2008 Charger possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:01 PM
DeeJayDemon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 8.0L V10 swap into 2008 Charger possible?

Hey guys new to the forums here. Main reason for coming here is I'm curious if it's possible to do a swap of a Viper v10 engine into a 2008 Dodge Charger. I know many are gonna give me the "oh h*ll no never happening, not possible unless u drop 50k and even then... blah blah". But I'm extremely focused on the Viper Engine. I recently got my hands on an 8.0L V10 (2001 Dodge Viper | 30,000 miles). I currently have a 3.5L v6 with 162,000 miles sitting in my charger, so u see why i want the upgrade. I know the costs of needing custom motor mounts and alot of little pieces that will add up. My question is, will it fit? How hard do you think it would be? And labor wise should I just drag my family of mechanics into the garage or would it be affordable to talk to an "actual" mechanic? Etc. The more information the better! Thanks.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Anything is possible.... with enough time, and money. Keep in mind, you will need a transmission as well, as the V-10 won't bolt to what's in there now. (and even if it would, it would blow it up in short order.) Gonna be a lot of custom work involved there. Paying someone else to do it would be prohibitively expensive....... Doing it yourself isn't gonna be cheap either. Just getting things to mount up will be an exercise, then you need to convince all the electronics to work........

Quick Reply: 2001 8.0L V10 swap into 2008 Charger possible?